Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Comments for The Carpenter Papers, Volume 1: The Approaching Storm
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    I just started reading this tonight! excellent! I grew up close to high point in a town called jamestown. My mother teaches in Davidson county.

Good job!
    I like rum.....

I din't mean to be a thread killer!!!
    I like rum.....

Just a friendly reminder that some of us have enjoyed this story and are waiting for an update. Please PM me if you are planning to let it die.

I stumbled onto this story a few nights ago and have not been able to put it down! In a word. WOW!! I'm a huge Tom Clancy fan and this is right up there with the best of his stuff in my opinion. This story really needs to see a publisher and come out in a book. In the meantime I'm sure hoping for a next chapter!!

2500 words into the last, really long chapter. I plan on working on it some this weekend. Be patient.

And comparing me to Tom Clancy? Yeah right! If I was that good I wouldn't be working for da man every day.

Patience???

Seriously, this stuff is like crack.

FreeHolder - a fantastic read! I can't wait to read the next chapter. You are truely gifted...RS
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.....

Kathleen, is it?

Am enjoying every word of your novel and am waiting impatiently for the next chapters.

Sending a PM also.

Laurane - I'm pretty sure that Kathleen is "Freeholder" while the story is written by "The Freeholder". I hope you didn't just earn us a punishment delay.

what's a little "The" between readers??......I am sure Mr/Mrs/Ms/ The Freeholder is busy working on this book, knowing we are all waiting with bated breath or crossed toes for the next part.

And it didn't sound like Kathleen, now I come to think of it.

The last posting was March 2008.....

do you think The Freeholder has forgotten about us?? Is he still on TB2k??

That should be enough time to write a chapter or two!!

Just busy is what I understand.

Maybe we'll get a chapter for Christmas. Nice big red bow, sitting pretty under the tree. All the excitement waiting to unwrap it....

Any updates? I took me 2 days to read the story on my Blackberry, and I need MORE!

The plan was originally for the final chapter, which is in progress, by Christmas. I've taken on too many project right now, and I'm underwater until I can get some things done. I've cut back on everything Internet except my blogging.

I'm about 1/2 -2/3 done with the rough-rough draft. That's about 6000 words or so, and I'm anticipating another 4000 or so to get to where I want this to finish. There is some bad weather forecast for this week; maybe I'll get to take advantage of it like I did last week.

Thank you for the update Freeholder......we look forward to the conclusion.......RS
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.....

For those of you who thought they would never see the day, the final chapter (23) is up.

excellent story & thanks for the new chapter.

Twin

FreeHolder - Thank you for the story and I'm sorry to see it end. It was one of the better ones that I have read.

thank you so much for the story and a new chapter - sorry to see it end

Wow!
    Is all I canadd that was an awesome chapter!
    "We have blown our chance: Instead of going into outerspace we have ventured into cyberspace" (c)2000 Ofuzzy1
    The fine print: Quoted items are used under the Fair Use Act for educational purposes. In other words: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

Thanks! I've been thinking about this story more and more lately.

So, FreeHolder....any chance of there being a Volume 2?

Did part 2 ever appear? Part one got me hooked and I never saw any more of it.

great story waiting for a 2nd part

Loved re-reading this fantastic tale.

Thanks for bumping it back up.

Would love to read Volume 2.

Could not find it when I went searching. Sigh