Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Comments for "A Little Piece of Heaven"
+ Reply to Thread

Comments for "A Little Piece of Heaven"

Post your comments here.

Thanks,
    WAB
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."---- Robert A. Heinlein

Good story..
    Thanks....

M

Thanks for sharing your story. I learn a little bit more about what I need to do with each story that I read.

By the way, You might consider changing the spelling of marshal law to martial law.

Carlysle

Thanks for the comments. I know there are some spelling errors.

I wrote that story back in 1993. I could see it coming, even way back then. Look at the laws and such that are in place now. It does make you think.

I hope people will think about the story and wonder if it happens to them, what would they do.

I have two favorite quotes from history.

1. "If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." ------ Winston Churchill

2. "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."---- Robert A. Heinlein

I can't say it any plainer than that.

WAB
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."---- Robert A. Heinlein

Thank you so much for posting your story here for us to read. It is very good. Do you have any plans to write more of them?

She
    Being PC will be the death of us all yet!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "But we've got to have faith or we have nothing. We have to have faith in our God, our resolve, our cause and our brother patriots."
    Black, Leo - The Last Stand on Earth.

SheWolf, I thank you for the comment. I have thought about writing more but havent been motivated to do it. I have always wanted to expand on this story too.
    The reason for writing the story was to get people thinking about "what if" and do some prepping.

I am a Paramedic and thats why the story is in that venue. A lot was written about runors but now they have come true. It just became public knowledge in the last year that they can trace and listen to your cell phone without you knowing about it. Also With Birdflu planning, they said that all medical people will be drafted. The State told us that 4 months ago. We live and learn.

Thanks for sharing.
    It was a good read, that i really enjoyed.

Good story! And even more interesting to learn that you wrote it that long ago!! Thanks for sharing it!
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

East of The Democratic Peoples Republic of Tucson
    Thanks for a very good story!

Please either add to this one or write some more!
    Randy in Arizona

Participating in a gun buy back because you believe that the criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you believe that the neighbors have too many kids.

Arguing with a libtard is like playing chess with a pigeon...it'll just knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious.

I enjoyed your story. Really made me wonder about friends and family who think we're nuts for prepping and would probably turn us in in a minute. I don't know how to rectify that problem - it will take some thinkin' about.
    Do hope you write more. Thanks!

Holistic Granny: I know what you mean. A "friend" at work was telling the others that I had a bunker and all kinds of things which are not true. And I told him that he needed to prep as well. He said that he didnt need to because he would come to my house, shoot me and take what he needed but for me not to worry because he would take care of my family!

I worry about that also.