Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

The Unthinkable (part 2)
+ Reply to Thread

The Unthinkable (part 2)

PART 2 (Seattle)

8:13 PM "This is Bob Patterson in the KTNT (Seattle) newsroom. We will continue to monitor the NCNN Los
    Angeles affiliate KBHO in their continuing coverage of today's tragedy, but first we must report a
    developing situation here in Seattle. I-5 Southbound under the Convention Center is completely blocked due to
    pedestrian protesters entering the freeway. A group of 20-30 individuals have entered and blocked the freeway, and
    several fistfights between motorists and protestors have been seen on traffic cams. There are no
    planned protests scheduled in Seattle today. Because these protesters are nearly all African
    American, we assume in the newsroom that this is an impromptu reaction to today's assassination of
    Democratic Presidential candidate Roderick Abdul Aziz. "

8:20 "Ladies and gentlemen, this is Bob Patterson in the newsroom again again. We are once again interupting NCNN coverage of the Aziz assasination aftermath in LA to bring you breaking developements involving protestors on I-5 under the Convention Center. Apparently a fire or fires have broken out as we are now seeing heavy black smoke on our DOT cameras. Obviously a dangerous situation. Some drivers stuck behind the blockage are abandoning
    their vehicles and jumping the retaining fences to get away from the smoke and the protesters
    who now number approximately 100. If you are traveling South on I-5 toward downtown Seattle, leave
    the freeway at once. Traffic is now backed up to Highway 520 so you must exit before the ship canal
    bridge. This is also the last place we need a fire, as the entire convention center is situated
    above the freeway in this enclosed area. The Fire department we are told can not yet access the
    scene. Traffic cam videos as you can see are starting to be obscured by smoke, but we are seeing drivers being pulled from their cars
    and protestors jumping on the top of vehicles while screaming and gyrating wildly. The median areas of
    all lanes are blocked by cars engulfed in flames so there is nowhere for the obviously terrified
    drivers to escape. We are witnessing a very bad situation downtown."

9:15 PM "This is Bob Patterson in the KTNT newsroom again. Folks, we had hoped that the I-5
    protest and fire under the convention center would be the
    extent of the ripple-effect from the LA situation. Unfortunately numerous disturbances are now being
    reported in the U district where roving youth gangs are wreaking havoc along University Ave. We
    are also getting reports of large fight disturbances at Southcenter, Northgate, and Westlake malls. Riot Police
    are said to be massing near the intersection of 3rd and Pike street downtown as many windows are
    being smashed and parked cars are being overturned. There are so many reports coming in to the
    newsroom, we just can't keep up, and we apologize for that. Ladies and gentleman, this situation is
    rapidly escalating to a point far more dangerous than what we experienced during the WTO protests a
    decade ago. If you are outdoors, get indoors now ! Lock your doors. Many roads are reportedly
    blocked. We are expecting the mayor to giv--------ZZZZZZZZZP ZZZZZZZZP ZZZZZZZZP ZZZP ZZZP ZZZP

ZZZZZZZZZP ZZZZZZZZZP ZZZZZZZZZZP ZZZP ZZZP ZZZP (screeching alarm tones heard on television)

"YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.....THE EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM (EAS) HAS BEEN ACTIVATED. WESTERN WASHINGTON INCLUDING SEATTLE AND

VICINITY IS NOW UNDER A STATE OF

EMERGENCY......A STATE OF EMERGENCY HAS JUST BEEN DECLARED FOR WESTERN WASHINGTON ALONG THE I-5

CORRIDOR...TUNE TO CHANNEL 1 OR L ON YOUR SET FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. A CURFEW HAS BEEN ORDERED

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. WIDESPREAD REPORTS OF RIOTING AND LOOTING HAVE BEEN REPORTED. STAY INDOORS

AND SECURE YOUR HOME OR OFFICE. NATIONAL GUARD TROOPS ARE BEING DEPLOYED AT THIS TIME. ANYONE FOUND

DRIVING OR WALKING SURFACE STREETS WILL BE SUBJECT TO ARREST."

9:47 "Bob Patterson back in the newsroom. As you can see, the message just read by the EAS system is
    now scrolling at the bottom of your screen. If you feel that you are in imminent danger, we
    encourage you to turn to channel 1 at this time for up to the minute instructions. We will monitor
    the EAS as long as we are broadcasting. If at anytime our station loses main AND back-up power, you
    will automatically be switched to the EAS. We will stay with you as long as we are allowed to broadcast.
    This is the first ever activation of this often tested system. Being so accustomed to the regular
    tests, my first thoughts upon hearing the tones were, 'why the heck are they testing this thing now
    in the middle of an emergency'! But in fact, the system has been activated. The mayor we can tell you
    has sent an emergency request to the governor for National Guard Troops. We see police operating in
    groups no smaller than 10-15 officers at any location. Many roads are blocked with burning vehicles
    and other debris. Both floating bridges are now closed and blocked by the State Patrol preventing
    entrance into or exit out of Seattle. North and South routes in and out of the city have been closed
    and a large police presence on every surface street is enforcing the blockade at the city limits.
    Freeway traffic is being emptied onto side streets except for emergency vehicles. Multiple structure
    fires are burning throughout the city with little to no fire dept response as the security of the
    first responders can not be assured. ERs citywide are overflowing and diverting ambulances to suburban hospitals.
    Los Angeles and most of Southern California we can tell you is at this
    hour a virtual inferno. National Guard troops have arrived, but not in the numbers expected. They are having little
    effect on the disturbances. The events in LA have caught local law enforcement and emergency planners completely by surprise. We can only hope
    that Washington State has planned better than California for such a dire emergency as we are experiencing.

The power is out in Atlanta making for an even scarier situation there if that can
    be imagined. Indianapolis, Newark, Chicago, Baltimore, Miami, Washington, D.C. and Detroit are also the scenes of massive civil
    unrest this evening. New York City is experiencing disturbances but not yet on the scale of the
    other major cities. Many news crews are having trouble dispatching reporters to the scenes of these
    disturbances as many of the reporters have been attacked. Gunshots are being directed at traffic
    copters so even they can not get close pictures of the mayhem. Much of the info coming into the
    newsroom is unverified, but we do know that this will already go down as the most horrific night of
    crime and violence the nation has ever experienced. Many politicians as well as civic and religious
    leaders have appealed for calm but to no avail. Oh God No. What's that noise ? I hear the sound of
    things breaking inside our studio...Security !.... We are now leaving the air due to intruders in
    our studio, and you will now be directed- (unknown voice interrupts) YO, MUTHA F-..(Screen goes blank then
    changes to EAS Default)

EAS default channel:

MARTIAL LAW HAS NOW BEEN DECLARED IN WASHINGTON STATE BY

DIRECT ORDER OF GOVERNOR BOOTHE EVANS. CITIZENS ARE TO

REMAIN INDOORS UNTIL 6 AM OR LATER. CITIZENS ARE BEING TOLD TO REMAIN EXTRA VIGILANT TONIGHT AND

WATCH FOR ANY UNUSUAL ACTIVITY IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD. KEEP DOORS LOCKED AT ALL TIME AND DO NOT OPEN

FOR STRANGERS. IF ANY CRIMINAL OR OTHERWISE SUSPIC- (screen goes black as television goes off.)

Power is now lost throughout the city. Distant gunfire can be heard, and a faint smell of smoke is
    detectable in the air. A growing sense of doom and foreboding descends upon the viewer in their pitch
    black living room. Will the never-used Glock 23 and small box of FMJ ammo in the house protect him
    and his family gathered around the now dark television? For how long ? The terrified homeowner is now
    left to come to terms with a new reality and ponder the imponderable:
    -WILL TIFFANY REALLY LOSE CUSTODY OF HER KIDS ???????

The End
    Last edited by Z28Camaro6D9; 06-23-2008 at 01:05 AM.

The National Guard doesn't have to be activated by the President, a Governor can do it too.

Yep,
    a Governor does just that in part 2.
    "Attention celebrities and entertainers:
    -No one cares what you say or demand. You are dancing monkeys regurgitating the propaganda of your cultural Marxist overlords."

"JFK put a man on the moon. Obama put a man in the ladies room"

A LOT of this really did happen in 1968.

Can we say replay?

Thanks for sharing your story.

Your narrative voice was quite good, and the rising action wove the story line very neatly.

GREAT STORY.... Talk about the ultimate alarm clock for the sheeple

Windi
    "That's the problem with the rule book, You are the only ones playing by the rules." - Kidnapping (the series)

John Swinton, editor of NY TIMES, 1860's) "the business of the New York journalist is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of Mammon....We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumpingjacks; they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men."

thanks for the story - looking forward to more chapters

Thank you all for reading and also for the kind responses !
    Glad I could share this vision with you all. I was hesitant to post it anywhere, but I credit Ron Galt for taking the plunge and publishing his 'We interrupt this broadcast for a special report' story in Main.

This format originates from the famous Orson Wells 'War of the Worlds' broadcast, and even more so from Canadian made-for television feature from the mid-80's 'Special Bulletin' where reporters from a CNN-type network covered a breaking nuclear terror incident in Charleston, SC. The broadcast appears cheesy by today's standards, but scared the you know what out of many folks (myself included) resulting in many calls to NBC from channel surfers when it first aired, as the disclaimer was scrolled only briefly after commercial breaks.
    -No one cares what you say or demand. You are dancing monkeys regurgitating the propaganda of your cultural Marxist overlords."

Wow! That was all too real! I hope "The End" doesn't really mean the end of your story.
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

Thanks Deena,
    I will definitely add more if afforded a future vision, inspiration, or feeling. As a person who couldn't write music or literature if my life depended on it, in this account felt as if I was transcribing events seen in a dream or vision rather than simply creating a story. For this reason it would be difficult to continue the story until I experience whatever I experienced the last time. I certainly hope to add more at some point.

This is my fear through November, at least.

Are you inside my head?