Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

1999 Aurora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1999 Aurora

1999 Aurora

My aurora is a nice car. She is getting a tad, old, though. The past week, when I drive the car, its fine, when I shut it off and try to start it within 10-15 minutes, it won't start. No noise from the engine, like the battery is dead,but the radio, lights, etc. still will work. If I let it set for over 15 minutes, it starts right up. It always starts right up in the morning for work and the afternoon when I'm going home

I check the voltage on the way to work this morning. It was running down the road with a voltage of 14.5-14.8. When I got to work, I turned it off. Let it sit for a few seconds and tried to start it. It would not start and the voltage then was reading 12.5.

Hubby thinks it may be the alternator. What thinks you all?

Thanks.
    Last edited by gunnersmom; 09-01-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: added thoughts
    If you need something, ask God. If you don't, thank Him.

The starter solenoid is failing, when it gets hot there is a bushing that swells and blocks the stator... Easiest to just replace the start as an assembly. Hope it helps,
    Jim

Thanks, jim. I have a guy that takes care of the car, but he's on vacation this week. I really appreciate your taking the time to answer me.
    If you need something, ask God. If you don't, thank Him.

No problem, glad to help...

Just chiming in with a second to jeberle's suggestion - starter solenoid.