Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Just out of couriosity
+ Reply to Thread

Just out of couriosity

Dennis, Deena,

Just out of couriosity, how much "business or traffic" has increased here since The frugal screwup? If its not a secret or such.

WAB
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."---- Robert A. Heinlein

Funny you should ask or that I would see your question now because I was just out at the main page listing the forums and members online and noticed that our active membership is up almost 100. I've registered quite a few new people, don't know exactly how many, and others who have been inactive have come back and been reactivated. Personally, I'm thrilled about everyone coming here!
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

Just wondering how much "business" frugals lost by doing what they did. I felt it should be significant.

WAB
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."---- Robert A. Heinlein

Okay, I just counted up the new members I've registered since June 24, which is when both Kathy in FL and scrachline joined and, lo and behold, it's an even 100. Then there were a number who asked for their memberships to be reactivated and cited the Frugal mess (don't have records of these) so I don't know exactly how many of those there were, but it's been quite a few. There have been a few who have dropped off as active members during that time also. Those are people who don't post in a long time and the system automatically disables their accounts.
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

Well, I came back over. I'd completely forgotten that I'd joined over here!

And I had to ask to be reactivated so that I could post.

I am new here because of the FSD thing and glad of it, keep up the good work

I've been here for a while, I just don't post much. I've always liked TB2K for the financial analysis of Dr. and others, but my main reason for going to the FS was JohnGaltFla. When he left I started coming over here more. Also the tone of the rhetoric was escalating and that bothered me.

Personally, I'd signed on here--largely to have better access to some of these Forums.....

I must have requested a membership a day or too before Frugal John had his last case of the "Crankies".

I don't care what he does to his Forum. I don't really care too much what he does with my stories either.....

Except, if there are people who want to read them and can't, its a shame.....

But then, a lot of things are a Shame...

.....RVM45

Just a reminder - Dennis does not run a business through this web site - the advertizments you seee at the top of the main page are paid ads by members here who pay to promote their own businesses AND support TB2K. So when you buy from our advertisers, you are supporting small bussiness who is like minded to the membership.

This board does not just magically appear from Cyber space - and for many years Dennis financed it with his funds and once or twice a year by the VOLUNTARY fund drive which started and wound up just as the FSD was going on. All Dennis asks is the members donate $12 but he never bases your status or access to if you any part of the board on what or even IF you have sent money. Many members will send something extra for those members who can't afford to donate - chipping in to help out our internet family (which BTW is anything BUT a cult - wait until a kerfluffel breaks out and you will see we don't have towalk in lock step - just be fair and don't do personal attacks if that will get you in trouble adn get a email from the mods as a starter so you know what you did wrong in their eyes.

If you have a problem with one of your posts being moved or anything else connected with administration, PM a Moderator; don't dump it on an open forum. What is done with admin stays among only those who are affected and it stays there - that way the whole membership does not have to be dragged into a temper tantrum.

If you have any questions ask a Mod or Dennis directly - there ae a bunch of rules around there all laid out in the sticky listed at the top of each page on what the rules are. You will get an answer unlike other places. There is a lot of backstories on some of the rules including who can register - no need to rehash any of them again - just suffice it to say we have had our share of trolls and other not so nice people come in and a few who openly tried to take down the site and Dennis personally. For those of us whe lived through the s#tstorms - the rules make sence ask any of the people who have been around since the early 2000's or even better PM a Mod.

This is a board which communicates - no secret handshake required. You may hear mentions of the Lounge and not be able to find it -- that is the term used for the comms between the mods and the refigerator with the Jello. Oh, yeah, and sometimes you will find the old members (time and not age) throw out a term or something which sounds like an inside joke -- like the Jello -- if you want to know what we are talking about you can use the search function and find the discussions - if you can't figure it our just ask - and tht is OK to ask in open forums....you ay get as many different explainations s there are responders - and sometimes no one will quite remember how it started.

Just ask and if you see somone responding with the phrase Oh, CARP! that is a phrase which caught on because of a thread where it looked like the world might unwind. The poster typoed Carp instead of Crap and he did it at just the right time the tension was builing up and we needed a good laugh to get perspecctive again -- it just sort of stuck wspecially for those who don't particualrly like to use expletives.

For the most part you are free to use up your daily paranoia on what is really going on in the world and not on if you might be backhad slapped by the owner and his minions (he is still, even after looking for them have only found Mods and no Minions)

DM

Funny how things go. A few years back when Tom Sherry left here the story section quieted down considerable. About that time the story section at Frugal's picked up good. Now we're back here.

Cat

I like it better over here anyway, so I am glad John did what he did.

so anyone know how the site is doing?

Lots of new people. I've been very busy with harvest, so my attention span is a little short. That has been the main change I've noticed.

A big thank you to all that write, and for our hosts. This is the time for all to write;
    give it a try. It's addicting.

I'm new since... and came because of the stories, but what I found is a more open and inviting board that I do not have to rethink a post 5x's before hitting enter... this board seems more down to earth. I appreciate that and all the hard work.
    Lynn mom to 10 and counting
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. — George Bernard Shaw

What I really like about this board/site is if you post here it counts. At FS you had to be in certain areas or it did not count in your MANDATORY offerings. I'm glad to be here. Thanks for having me!
    DHB