Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

The Great Satan Falls Chap 1-3, 4-6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Any more to the story????

WAB
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."---- Robert A. Heinlein

This is a good one, I hope there is MOAR

Well dang, I am also waiting for moar.

Welcome whtdrgn!

All I can say is "YES!"

I know its late, but welcome to TB2K...

Today is the day for all of us to re-dedicate ourselves to the support of freedom. We need to take the old marine to heart and follow the needed path.

ugh almost a month since the last entry... PLEASE do NOT NOT NOT worry about editing... just write more story... PLEASE
    Lynn mom to 10 and counting
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. — George Bernard Shaw

Chapter 25

Sorry Guys.

Chapter 25

Davis I realize that we still want to pursue a progressive agenda but feel we are now in perilous times. People are angry with the attacks and it did not help and does not help that we have not named who is doing this or called them out. I know of your close friend ship with the IDG and other Muslim groups but we loose credibility every day when one of these terrorists strikes. Now we have a Governor in Texas who is all but daring me to ship troops down and stop him from patrolling the border. I have heard a whisper of talk of impeachment and there is serious talk of investigations into your relationship with these groups.

The President walked about the room with his hands behind his back, his furrowed brow an exterior indication of his deep concern. He had come in on a wave of jubilation and with ideas to change the face and tone of AmDavisa but now he found himself hearing whispers of impeachment and talk of his failure to lead.

Davis Truman knew of these investigations but he controlled the justice department and nothing would come of them if he did not want them to. Maybe a weakness but he believed in all his heart he was untouchable, that he was doing Gods work and he was shielded.

“Mr President, nothing will come from all this bluster from the Republicans. They cannot impeach you. The black community would rise up and call it a modern day lynching. “

“Davis you presume to much. We have crossed a perilous divide, the country no longer believes we are in control and is not on our side.”

“with all respect Mr. President this will lead to the great society one where all people are equal and people are given what they need to live and thrive. We will distribute monies from the wealthiest among us to the poor around the globe. We will have reparations for the whole black community”

“Davis there is going to be no reparations, this is fantasy”

Davis Truman shoulders sagged; this man who he had admired and respected for many years now talking like all the other politicians.

“Davis we have to meet head on this danger and if these are Muslim extremists then so be it they have to be named, we can not seem like we want it to be something or some one else. Also I know we had hoped to make some inroads into the fanatical gun ownership culture but I think we need to back off the gun registration for right now”
    “ Sir we have to not only stay on course but speed it up. The problem we have had in Kentucky must not dissuade that a disarmed America is a safer America.”

“Davis be realistic we had a ATF agent knocked out by a local sheriff. We have people holed up in a small group of cabins who are looked on as hero’s and we are the bad guys. I wanted this registration to go through and down the road have some kind of call for turning in some of the weapons.”

“Sir this is the opportunity... we must stay the course these guns were never going to be returned the courts could rule till the end of time but guns that are destroyed cannot be given back.”

A deep and heavy sigh came from the Commander in Chief. His hair now graying at the temples his face showed the wear of the 3 years in office. He shook his head slowly from side to side. How could he explain to his old friend that no matter how much he wanted it there could not be the changes they had dreamed of? Changes in DC were minute and nothing happened without some sort of deal and some of the items they wanted there were no deals on which to be made. He hated guns but they were going no where in the near future, especially now. The attacks had made everyone turn into a guns rights crusader. Even the normally staunch supporters of gun control had been silenced. They may still feel the same but that was not a good line to be heard in public these days.

“ Davis you need to realize these plans were never going to go as far as you… and yes even I may have wanted them to. If we start to break in and confiscate guns we would have another civil war on our hands”

“exactly and then we would have sufficient reason to ask for UN troops to patrol and control the population while we secure the people and remove the danger of guns from the population. With that control we could make fundamental changes based on Presidential decree.”

The President looked up and into the face of his friend and took in a deep pained breath. He looked into the eyes of his friend and saw what could only be described as glee. Davis was a true believer, Farrakhan , Malcolm and any other radical who preached the downfall of the great Satan.

“Davis...” the President said sounding a wee bit exasperated by his colleague.

“No” Davis said a little louder then needed. “We must move forward and must not loose faith. This great evil must be brought to its knees and forever wiped from the face of the earth. This spawn of Satan must be torn apart and given to the world so it can grow and heal. This land was built on the bodies of slaves and the NativeAmericans. It must fall and we must keep the faith.

The Attorney generals voice now much higher then normal and from a side door a secret service agent enters.

“is everything all right Mr. President.”

The Attorney General looked back at the president and over to the young agent he knew that he had been caught in an awkward situation.

“yes agent it is the AG was just leaving, Davis we will talk later when you have calmed down and can see things in a clearer picture.”

He was being dismissed. His face betrayed him and showed the anger he felt at being dismissed in front of this agent.

Agent Sims could see the anger in the eyes of the Attorney General and made a note to tell the lead Agent. It would more then likely be dismissed as a misread but he did not something he saw in the eyes. He had been around in the service of the FBI and now the Secret Service. Those eyes betrayed hatred.
    “Mr. President I will be going if there is nothing else you need.”

“yes everything is fine the AG gets a little excited sometimes and needs to calm down.”

“yes sir’

“Agent Sims, I got that right?’”

“yes sir.. I am part of the new white house team”

“you and I talked the other day you said it was getting kind of bad down in some of the cities… you said you father was just outside Atlanta as I recall”

“yes sir , I spoke with him last night and he says many of the stores are starting to limit purchases just not enough stuff on the shelves.”

The president made a grumbling sound not really saying anything but showing his displeasure with the news.

“my dad has some friends that are long haul truckers and they have stopped running routes where a lot of the snipping has occurred… they just refuse to take those kind of chances”

The President paused for along time looking down at nothing.

“if that is all I will not bother you any more Mr. President”

“please no it was no bother and I thank you for the reports from main street” showing that million dollar smile that got him elected.

As Davis Truman stepped down into the black his driver closed the door and took his place at the driver’s seat.

“I am not feeling well hector please take me back to the house”

With more then a note of concern “ Sir should we head to the hospital”

The attorney general smiled, in his mid 60 now and with a slight heart murmur everyone was so concerned. He had found that he had a slight defect when he was in college and protesting the war. It made him rethink and move to more of the teaching role then the fighting role. He would have gladly spilled blood in the conflict in Vietnam. The Weather underground and the Students for a Democratic society did not go far enough they had the man power and they should have taken more lives but now some of those they stayed from the limelight were in position to make more of a change to this damned country anything they once could have believed.

“ No Hector I am fine just tired with all the meetings I am going to play hooky for the rest of the day. I am going to make a couple of calls would put of the screen please”

A small partition sealed the back from the front as the car drove through the daytime DC traffic.

Davis called a small company in Illinois that was not much more then a phone exchange with enough employees to keep anyone that looked closely at bay and was transferred to a rolling 100 acre piece of land in Kentucky.

“Please let me speak to the Imam” he had not waited for the person to say anything. He was troubled and needed to find out what must be done about the president and his lack of fortitude.

“it is good to speak with you” the old voice was full of vigor and he wished he could see his old tutor.

“you sound well Imam”

“yes .. things are going well”

“you sound troubled”

“I am the president is considering slowing things down and maybe stopping them all together. He is betraying all those who helped place him in office.”

“There can be no pullback we must go forward. Only when the UN is able to insert itself into the US can we take more control”

“I understand”

“if he is not with us he is against us… did the attorney you hired from the IDG start yet”

“yes”

“he is a good man and will do whatever is needed… speak with him”

“I will Imam Allah keep you.”

“I will keep you in my prayers and may Allah guide you”

Sorry Guys Life has been intruding and I had to get some clarification on some issues for the book as far as using real people. Will try and get another chapter soon and not have such a long break.

Whtdragn
    Thank you and we understand...life happens.
    this is such a good story and we so look forward to every word you write but we shouldn't make you feel like you need to apologize for not doing it faster...you don't.
    So again thank you for the new chapter
    Jo

Thannk you gfor the new chapter, it was so great to see it here this evening. Take care and do what you have to.

Glad to see you are still around. Thanks for continuing the story!

thanks for the new chapter

chapter 26

Chapter 26

Jeanie Reynolds had just finished the last of the 10 minute test programs she had produced with the setup she had put together in her cabin back on her dads property. She had just sent the last one to Dan so he could post it to the website he had secured from a Japaneses start up, well actually a front for a start up that was never going to happen. He had wound a pretty good set of paperwork and figured it would take a week or so to follow all the trails and then all they would have is that a fake company had an internet connection and was posting podcasts.

“Dan check the account and please upload all the test shows as soon as possible and let me know when they are up” she made the quick call and turned back to her email. She had noticed an email that had peaked her attention a few days ago. She did not want to answer it until she was sure she had a secure account. She pulled up the email and it had a short note of condolences and on the signature line a date. She knew the date she replied.

An interesting date. The day a hero in Louisville stood up for the country.
    I would like to chat with you if possible. Check tonight 9pm. Follow the link below and I think you can figure out the 8 digit password.
    Thebloodofthepatriots
    JR

She sent the email and made sure the site would allow access to the chat forum. Dan had encrypted it with a 256 bit encryption so she felt pretty secure it would be a private chat.

She walked upstairs and finished cleaning the two 45 gold cups she had taken apart on the kitchen table. She oiled and put them back together. She had plans later tonight and she was not going unprepared. He father had found the address for the license plate she had given him. She was going to go and see what she could find out and did not plan to start anything but well... Shit happens.

About a mile down the road for where his daughter was making sure the slides were oiled and she was ready for a midnight excursion he father was greeting an old friend.

“Hello my old friend” The young man stretched out his hand and took the firm handshake of his mentor.

“shalom aleichem” The older man said as he gripped the mans hand firmly.

The two men shook hands and a brief manly hug between combatants and then moved to the wooden chairs situated on the small porch.

“Jeanie came back home a few nights ago Gael, she says she has to do something about these attacks but more specifically about the ones that killed her colleague”

“I saw the news report it was terrible and then her radio show well she made some people pretty peeved. They are just not sure how to come at her but you know they will eventually come”

“yeah” the old man his head down in his hands.

“ I believe they are just not sure how far they can push it”

The young man smiled “yeah it could be a mess”.

“Gael could you watch out for her some, I am not sure how far she means to go but I worry this could get out of hand”

“you know I will, she does seem to have that ability to run into a fire and worry later about the flames all around, kinda like someone else I know” he smiled and raised up out of the chair.

“yeah yeah smartass”

“hey Gael, I know you have always had feelings for Jeanie and I know she has for you and I did appreciate you taking another assignment when that might have turned into an issue. She is full grown now.”

“yeah she is at that” that boyish smile lighting his face.

As the you Israeli captain walked away he could make out the 45 that rested in the small of his back and the boot knife on his right leg. The old man smiled, he pitied the fool that stood in the way of the guard dog he had just dispatched.

Jeanie’s phone chirped and she looked and had a message from Dan.

J
    the shows were fine I have them loading. Give me 2 minutes and they will be up and online at the website. I have the forum open for only people that have the password. If your friend shows up it should be secure.

Dan

She looked at the time and she had several hours before she would sign on. She decided to make the you tube video now and kick this thing off.

She sat down in front of the computer and started the video recording. She started and stopped several times and then sat and watched the playback. It was short and sweet and that is what she wanted but she did not want it to look the way it did. There was something too … bright about it. This was not a day for bright or light this was something that was coming from a darkness that she felt and she needed other people to feel. She sat and thought and went over in the corner and pulled one of the backs apart and found her hunting gear. The Mossy Oak camo hood was what she wanted. She also turned down the lights and did the small rehearsal again. This time it was what she wanted. She sat down and made the address.

I said I would return and when I did I would tell all of the patriots left in this great country things there were needed to be said but have not been said for years. I am here and will not be silenced. I have made some videos that I will direct you to but first you must know that we are now at war. Our country is no longer for the worker for the person that wants to built themselves up but for the parasites both at the top and at the bottom. Government had taken your money for decades and made it easier for people to not work and not be a part of the melting pot because that do not want a melting pot they want a United States that must grovel at the feet of the rest of the world. These traitors do not acknowledge that all societies have been built on the back of conquered people. America for better or worse has done the same but we have also paid in blood many times over for the right to stand in the light of day and be proud. Our forefathers shed their blood on lands across this world to free people of all colors and persuasions. We have been a force for good and should never bow down to anyone for what we are. Terrorists killed my partner and no one has been brought to justice, men in Missouri were able to stop two snipes bent on spilling more American blood and in Louisville a patriot stopped the dogs as they went to kill families just like yours and mine while going about their daily lives. We have an invasion on our southern borders and are suppose to accept it. We are the patriots and we must take back this great country and stop these terrorists. Anyone who stands with them most assuredly stands against us. Use the knowledge at the website well and I shall be on again. Long live the patriots.
    She replayed the video and posted it to youtube. She sent a text to Dan that said she had uploaded the video.

Dan sat in his underwear in a small apartment he had rented after Jeanie had asked him to help. A small one room place behind a self storage building. It was out of the way and quiet and frankly the person who rented to him could have cared less what was going on since he paid 3 months I advance. He went to the website and started the watch. The hit counters clicked away. She had started the storm. The other videos showed how to make improvised weapons, silencers and various other things that everyone should know how to make and would drive the government wild. She held nothing back and the video sent them just to where they needed to be.

Jeanie had grabbed a quick shower and a sandwich she still had an hour before logging on to see if her friend had gotten her message. The sound of her phone startled her and she walked over to see a message from Dan.

J
    20,000 hits on the video already and the website is being swamped.
    D

She smiled.

Down in the offices of the Texas Rangers Captain Crockett had spent the last 24 hours getting men and machine to the border. There was some problems but with a short call problems seem to have been solved. It seemed few people wanted to test the Governor that he would fire anyone who tried to play politics with the situation.

“captain hey check this out” one of the young rangers turned the monitor around and started the youtube video.

The ranger watched intently.

“everyone thinks that is the lady from the mess up in Arizona”

“you don't say well she has hit the nail on the head”

The captain sat quietly in his chair for some time and then got to his feet and called for Ranger Simms.

“ come on we have a bureaucrat to go see” Said the captain.

“yes Sir” said the young ranger who was just happy to be alive after the firefight a day ago.

The two drove away from town and out towards the sector where the fight had happened and pulled up to a small nondescript building.

“what are we doing at the border patrol captian”

“well son to be honest I am going to explain life to that bureaucrat Johnson”

Simms was worried he did not like the look in the eyes of his surrogate father.

“it all came out ok, I am not sure this is a good idea”

“I am not either but did you hear that video, there are people that maybe do not mean to but are helping our enemies and if we do not call them on it we are lost”

The two rangers walked into the office and the Captain asked for sector Chief Johnson. The receptionist pointed to the conference room and said he was in a meeting and they would have to wait. The captain began striding towards the door and with a boot dirty with Texas dirt he kicked in the door. Everyone at the table looked towards the door and saw the big Texas ranger standing in front of the rubble of the door. A small man at the head of the table began to speak.

“I would not say anything I am here to speak with Sector Chief Johnson”

The man looked to his right and Greg Johnson stood up.

“I am the sector chief what can I do for you ranger?”

The Ranger walked slowly over the door pieces and walked face to face with the young man. Greg Johnson had a degree in law from some school in the southeast and all sorts of commendations. He stood about 5'10 and had a stocky build and though he was in pretty good shape. Before he could wonder any longer what the officer was there for the Ranger pulled back a large right fist and struck him square in the jaw. Johnson went down with a thud and the man at the head of the table began to yell and scream that he was going to have the ranger arrested on assault charges. Crockett pulled his cell phone and dialed the number for the Governors assistant. The phone rang once and was picked up.

“you may need to speak to this man, I am having a chat with the sector chief that refused help last night. “

Crockett handed the phone the balding man at the head of the table.

The little man started to sputter and threat and then went silent.

“ you cannot do that I am with the bureau of land management and work at the behest of the government.”

The color drained from the mans face and he dropped the phone and was out the door as quick as he legs could carry him. Captain Crockett picked up the phone. I think he has decided to leave.

“good I told him if he were here after dark I would have a warrant for his arrest on treason with orders to shoot to kill”

Crockett hung up the phone and turned his attention Chief Johnson now starting to recover on the ground. Crockett pulled his service revolver and placed it to the forehead of Chief Johnson. Ranger Simms had his hand on the Beretta just in case this turned into a shootout.

Ranger Crockett got close to the mans face who he had just knocked off his feet the man who he now had his 45 colt revolver to his forehead.

“ if you ever refuse help to anyone who calls for it again I will personally come back here and kick your ass to the state line.”

“do you hear me son”

Sweat was not running down the mans face.

“yea yes sir I understand”

“good there will not be a second nice visit like this”

Ranger Crockett walked past Simms and pulled on the young mans shoulder. Lets head back to the office I have some wild turkey 81 in the desk and could use a drink. The two rangers headed out the door and stepped into the big suburban and drove back towards town.

Lookin' Good!!!!!

WAB
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."---- Robert A. Heinlein

Bravo, that's the good stuff, top shelf, I'll have another please

Wow Whtdragn you really know how write stories .... I want to join up with the Rangers....
    yessiree.
    Jo

One riot, One Ranger.

ay need to revise that statement.

Great reading, Whtdragn, keep on sending these chapters, Thank you.

DM

chapter 28

Chapter 27

Imam I am sorry to disturb you the young man said as he walked closer. The elder acknowledged his presence.

“do you have news from the men I sent”

“yes sir... I am sorry to say that one is dead and the other two are being cared for in the hospital” his face betrayed the fear he felt in giving this news to the holy-man.

The Imams' face filled with blood. The younger aide worried that he might be having a stroke or heart attack. The aide jumped back as as if bitten a ragged scream came from the lungs of the Imam just before he reached for a small vase on the desk and flung it smashing it against the opposite wall.

“Allah how does this man evade his just punishment”

“call brother Simon, I must see him immediately”

“yes Imam”

The young man made a quick exit and went to find Simon. He was one of the chosen few that had a private home on the land he was a technical expert but for some reason the Imam also felt he was some kinda of blessed one. Simon had been able to secure communications with all the soldiers across the US but more so he was a specialist and had found ways for the Imam to peruse this campaign and time and again he had succeeded where so many others had failed the Imam. This man that the Imam wanted dead he would fall. Simon would kill him and the jihad would gain strength from his death. He and his family must pay for the insult to the Imam.

JT cringed as he sat down in the recliner his wife came in behind him. He could tell that she was upset and he knew he was going to catch some of the wrath from the storm that was swelling.

“was that the same group.. did they just try and kill us our family the kids.. were those men following us.. what”

“ I do not know, they could have just been robbers”

“you do not for a second believe that and I know I sure as hell do not” she spat back.

“ok, honestly yes it is the same guys and they may try it again, I dishonored them and they are pissed”

“we need to call the police” she said.

“so they can arrest men or charge me or the kids”
    She looked confused, angry and tormented all at the same time. What were they suppose to do. Who would protect them if the police could not be counted on.

“ do you mean we cannot trust the police”

“no I mean the police cannot help, they answer to other people that we may not be able to trust. That is the reason I wanted us to be able to be around the house for week or so and see how this plays out. The police have other problems and this is not going to stop until people fight back or people like me that have stood up to them are dead”

His words had struck a cord. Now she could see why he wanted them to be able to care for themselves. The guns the food all of it was to be able to protect his family.

“I never wanted this to happen and God knows I have wondered if I should have just called the police when I was at the mall that day but hon if not us then who. Who stands up to these animals. Our economy is collapsing around us. We can live off what we have but how many people can do that for 3 months … 6 months. People are getting scared and their hungry and when they start getting angry on top of all the rest it will explode and they may make choices that later they will regret. You know that there are many in this country that would like nothing more then some socialist utopia where they collect some government check for doing nothing. They may accept UN help and not care of the strings attached on the back end as long as they are warm and fed.”

She sat in front of him the storm in her face subsiding and lay her hand gently on his right knee.

“and you would have spent the rest of your life thinking about the lives that were lost and could you have saved them.”

“I do hate to bring this up but could you hand me a pain patch and call that nurse friend and ask if she would feel comfortable coming over and giving me a cortisone injection.”

“yeah sure and I am going to ask her to bring a large needle”

“Please let the kids know they need to get the animals squared away”

“they are already working on it”

“I am going to walk downstairs and sit in the big chair down there and see if I can get this to stop hurting.”

Anne walked back over and placed a small 1in square piece of the pain patches her friend had left. She could tell the effect was almost instantaneous. His face lost the grimace and she could tell his shoulder had stopped throbbing.

“ go on downstairs and I will call Paula and see if she can come over later and give you that shot.”

He stood up and gained his balance. The effects of the patches were quick and welcomed but he had to remember they were only when the pain was at a peak they were powerful and addictive. He slowly walked down the stairs and into the dark man cave as his wife loving he was sure refereed to it. The monitors and receivers casting a glow more then a light around the room. He sat down and pulled up to the desk with his computer the action causing a small twinge of pain. The screen came to life as he moved the mouse slowly. He wondered if he friend had any knew news and he opened his email account. Nothing back yet but he did have a message from one of his less used accounts. She had answered. He looked at the clock and he had some time before the meeting , it sound somewhat menacing. The two people who had stood up to this barrage of attacks skulking around with encrypted chat rooms to talk about what. He thought of the Victory signs he had seen from WWII. Were we the resistance? Was this the start or was this just a faint spark before the darkness engulfs us all? Had the US run it course would this be the end until some world government took over however many centuries it took for man to stop fighting each other? Anne came down the steps.

“Paula said she would love to come and see the local hero it seems word has gotten around about the little showdown” She said with more then a little humor in her voice the high lilt giving it an almost a school girl quality.

“good christ, that is all we need”
    “it is OK no one is going to say anything and she is happy to be able to come and touch the local warrior hero”

He tried to be angry even though he new she was just joking with him but her smile always melted any anger but she caught the brief look in his eyes.

“it was just a joke”

“I know and I do not mean to spoil your fun but so much has happened and now I have people looking at me as some sort of hero again. I tried to stay away with the shooting and now this it is a load that I am not sure I can bare. The lady from Arizona wants to chat with me tonight. One of two people who have successfully fought back. I wonder what she would want to chat about and now half the town is looking at me as some vigilante warrior”

“they are not looking at you as some warrior they are looking at you as someone who fought back and won and right now there are very few victories and that young lady may not know you are married so I may have to sit in on that chat” she smiled.

“JT you are just a man and they do not expect you to have all the answers but they do see you fighting back and that gives them hope”

The mood had now lifted and he knew she was right. He would do what he could and try his best to help those he could. He could do no more or less it was his makeup and he would follow that path no matter where it might lead. He glanced back at his email and saw a link to a you tube video from one of his friends. It was the video from his admirer. It started to play and he sat and listened as his wife moved closer and stood by his shoulder. In silence they watched and then the video ended.

“wow she is some speaker” she said.

“yeah and not bad to look at as I recall”

Anne spun the chair around in mock rage.

“ ass ...you better be glad that shoulder is hurt or I might shoot you in it myself”

“love you to hon”

She bent down and kissed him on the lips gently “ love you to”.

“ I am going to try and take a short nap”

“ I will let you know when Paula gets here or 8 pm when you have your … date. Oh hey Paula said the doctor she works with is going to start seeing patients at home. He thinks it is getting to dangerous on the streets and costing to much money for gas. The girls will come over and help he is going to stop worrying about most of the paperwork except medicare and medicaid. She said he even talked about bartering.”

“wow” was all he could think to say.

“oh and Alice called and she is going to close the shop until things calm down she says I can still work from home and do the payrolls I already work on”

“ can you do that from home”

“yeah she is going to make sure the files are transferred to me that I need and I can use my laptop to do the rest. Just like we did when it snowed a few years back.”

“get some rest” she said as she walked up the stairs.

A light tap on the heavy wooden door made a small sound in the otherwise quiet house.

“Imam ...Imam you wanted to see me?”

“yes Simon come in” came a withered voice. “ Simon sit with me we must talk I have a very important task I must ask you to complete. You have never failed me. You rejected your heathen ways and came to Allah and have been a devote servant. You have helped with the technology and ways for our people to keep in touch with us and outsiders cannot listen in. You who keep our soldiers in the field moving using Americas own GPS system against them. I must ask you to go with the other men I am sending and you must kill this dog that mocks us at every turn. You are a chosen one Allah has great plans for you and I believe this is one of them. I know you may fear this because I have not asked you to be one that sheds the blood of your countrymen but this I now must ask.”

“I am a soldier of Allah and were you direct me I will go. I am honored that you have chosen me. I will not fail you my Imam. ”

The old man smiled. He would send 10 men including Simon and they will kill this cursed man and his family and break the back of these damnable people. They must be shown anyone who stands against the righteous will be broken.

thanks for the new chapter, 3 strikes and you are out iman

Doin' Good!!!! This is a great story so far!!! WWWHHHOOOHHHOOO!!!!! So much potential!!!!

WAB

Chapter 29

Chapter 29

“This is ATF Special Agent Malcolm Greene”

“Agent Green this is Assistant to the president Dan Curtis”

“Yes Mr. Curtis what can I do for you or was my latest letter to congress about the latest abuses of the 2nd amendment earned me a call from the Presidents office to be fired”

“Agent Greene to the contrary; I must apologize I had hoped that your field manager had spoken with you”
    Special Agent Malcolm Greene smiled at the idea that he had some type of field manager he had been transferred and retransferred so many times it is unlikely they actually knew who he worked for. He wondered sometime if they actually knew he was an ATF agent. He was a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment and was vocal about it which did not ingratiate him to the current or really most recent administrations. There were core people in the Agency that were good solid people who only wanted to stop crime and then there was another group that saw this agency as the one to be able to get rid of gun ownership entirely and then there were some people just doing a job.

“Mr. Curtis I am sorry to say that I am not sure if they know who my manager is right now I was just transferred for giving testimony last month on the gun running debacle.”

“I understand and frankly I am sorry you have at times been a lamb to the slaughter for this and other administrations political whims.”

Despite his knowledge of how politics worked and to never trust any politician if they are talking he felt this man was sincere.

“well I do appreciate that so what can I do for you today”

“the President would like you to head down to Kentucky and defuse the situation in the small rural town in Eastern Kentucky. He wants you to go speak with the local Sheriff and Deputy and ask if they will accompany you into the compound. You are to verify serial numbers on all guns and if any come back stolen they are to be confiscated.”

“and if they come back as righteous owned guns nothing in the database?”

“Then you are to thank them on the Presidents behalf for helping in this dire time and leave the compound.”

“just like that”

“yes sir, Just like that. Once you are on the ground you are the Agent in charge if anyone questions that have them arrested by the local sheriff.”
    “I have to ask is this some type of setup to get me to screw up so you can fire me because if it is I only have 2 more weeks till my 20 and I am out of your hair”

“On my word and I am sure in this town that may seem less then iron clad this is on the up and up. The President is going to call the directors of the ATF and FBI and this gun confiscation, registration or inspection whatever you want to call them is going to be halted. He knew it would be controversial but with all that is going on this is about to start small scale wars all across the US. You know about Kentucky but not the small group in Vermont or the group in Nevada or the 1500 people armed to the teeth and waiting for the gun fire to start in Texas.”

Agent Greene noticed a slightly longer pause as if the was trying to decide to go on.

“I am somewhat like you Agent Greene I am a gun lover in the belly of the beast but with the food and fuel shortages and the terrorists attacks the administration is in a panic. We have to do something to calm some of the fronts and this is one the President thinks is the easiest to calm. You should be receiving a package from a courier with the letter from the ATF director and the President that should take care of any issues on the ground.”

“Mr. Curtis please let the President know I will do my best to calm the problems on the ground in Kentucky but also let him know that if this turns into something else I will throw you all under the bus and it may do nothing but I will do everything I can to embarrass this administration”

“I understand and good luck”

“Simon”

“yes Imam”

“There will be a dark moon in 2 nights you and the others will avenge us on that night. Tonight contact our soldiers let them know we want them to be attacking every 8 hours. The type of targets are no longer an issue anything and everything. Tell them to make sure to keep in touch and we will send updates. The smaller cell of bombers; tell them to accelerate and keep their lines open so we may tell them were to pick up the next vehicle.”

“all of the vehicles have been dropped off we are good to go in all states”

“Allah be praised we shall have the blood of the infidel and a final push to destroy their economy and bring their country to its knees.”

“Director Sieve hold for the President” came the soft calm voice from the phone.

Before he could answer she was gone and silence ensued.

“Director I am glad we could have a few moments”

“Mr President thank you for the call.”

“Director I have called the acting head of the ATF and will be calling the AG after we talk this whole gun thing has gone horrible wrong. I know what we wanted to do and I feel we were on the side of the angels with it but we have angered a massive part of the populace much more so then I had ever imagined and with all the other problems this is going to have to go on the back burner.”

“Mr. President if I may we are in a position we have not been in for decades to make major changes to this gun ownership society and make gun ownership a thing of the past. We can register these weapons of destruction and even with only that little by little legislate them out of existence.”

“Director do you hear yourself we were doing this so we could make a change and get rid of some of the more powerful guns and now it is getting rid of all guns from everyone. Do you see how this is what people fear about the government.”

“Sir we must get rid of this plague on society. We have the ability to call in UN troops and we can rid ourselves of these bible thumping gun owning neanderthals.”

“Director how do you run an agency like the FBI and think that the American people are some sort of subjects to be told when and how they can do things”

“Mr. President we have waited decades to make the changes that many of us dreamed up in the 60 and 70s, the 2nd bill of rights getting rid of the old and antiquated ideas like the 2nd amendment and now is the time. The terrorists have giving us a perfect crisis to use and we must not wast it.”

The President was becoming tired of this same reasoning. He knew the people he had appointed were radicals of Alinsky and Marx but he had always believed that the preaching of the movements was to make the country better by educating people and letting them know of shared sacrifice and then they would choose to moved to a more socialist society and then we could move away from some of the old ideas of guns and cowboy diplomacy and become another of the nations of the world no better or worse. Now he had members of his administration talking about UN troops and speaking of the people as if their ideas or lives did not matter. He had somewhat zoned out and was not completely listening when the Director brought up the Attorney General.

“Mr. President maybe we should call the Attorney General?”

That was one step to far on this day.

“Director I am ordering you to suspend all operation from my Presidential order is that perfectly clear. I am ordering you to commence looking at who is committing these attacks on us and I want an answer by tomorrow is that clear and I do not care who it is. I do not care about the close relationship of the AG with the IDG or anyone else.”

The Director of the FBI was taken aback. He could not believe that the President was so upset. He understood that the public was hurting but this was a time for change and he had to make him understand that this was a chance to reshape this country and must not be lost.

“Mr. President”

The phone slamming down was the last sound from his phone call.

His anger was palpable he was in the middle of a major economic collapse with the middle east summer ending with 150 dollar a barrel oil and truckers stopping driving because they could not make any money and then because they were getting shot at and killed. He had riots across the country as food shortages started to hit full force and parts of several cities were on fire. Now people that he put in the highest position were questioning his policies and …

He put it out of his mind and called his chief of staff.
    Darryl Sterns walked into the oval office. He was a trim man standing 6' with a goatee and mustache. He wore steel rimmed glasses and used them more as props when talking then for the need to wear them. He was shrewd and was known as a shark among goldfish. He would take out any impediments to his candidate.

“Darryl I am sorry to have to get you involved in the middle of this but I have just been on the phone with the Director Of the FBI and talked with the AG earlier about holding off on this gun issue and I am getting nothing but counter and ideological fervor in the face of what is going on in the country.”

“Well Sir we knew they were ideologues.”

“Yes yes I know that but do they not see what is happening. It looks like we are protecting the terrorists and do not want to place blame at the feet of the people it must be or should be”

“Mr. President they are only doing what we progressives have always done and that is to use crises to pursue changes that in normal times people would not always want to pursue.”

The president sat and stared for a long moment without saying a word and letting the statement sink in.

“Darryl do you seriously look at this in that sphere; are we some fifth column in the US to make it something else.”
    “well honestly sir yeah we have been since the 60's we wanted America to be more like Europe and if we told most people that we would not win anything much less the Presidency but if we tell them we want universal health insurance or to end racism to make sure all people have what they need well then that is OK but they did not ask how we were going to do that and we never told them. We want to guarantee people houses and health care and ask nothing in return we do not care if they work or have ever worked we feel it is a right of being born.”

“What do you believe then Darryl.”

“I believe that the people that make money in this country and have it taken out of their paychecks are getting tired of the people that get money given to them with no strings attached and they are now taking a hard look at us and wondering who side we are really on.”

The President listened intently

“Sir they see us a the problem we waste money on our own whims and ideas and give money and never say hey if you have one kid and cannot pay for it do not have a second, we are seen as the problem and now that we refuse to say that this is Islamic terrorism it just confirms their believe. We have 20 percent of the population behind us that want a more European America and there is 20-30 percent who want to be left alone and see government as the bad guy. We need to make sure that other 50 percent do not start to agree with that other group or we are out of a job for a long time.”

The President strode to the doors leading to the rose garden and opened the door and smelled the air. His lungs filled with the sweet smell and he turned back to his aide.

“Darryl I was elected and I wanted to do many things and those may or may not be possible now but let the word go out I am in charge and if anyone does not like the rules I am laying out then they can tenure their resignations immediately. Is that perfectly clear.”

“clear as can be I will let everyone know”

Agent Greene received the package with the orders from the ATF acting director and the letter from the President. He was already cleared on an FBI transport that would put him at the Lexington airport at 6 am.

He dialed the number to the local sheriff name of Timmons.

“Sheriff Timmons this is agent Greene with the ATF can I have a moment of your time”

“By God I have had about enough of you ATF agents.”

“I am sure you have but please let me start off I am not one of the agents that has been down there I have been asked by the President to make this go away.”

“Well hell son just pull the agents out and leave them people alone and it will be over.”

“yes it would be and the President would loose face and look weaker then he already does not that I particularly care but with all that is going on her just wants this stalemate to end and there will be no more started.”

The sheriff mulled over the words. The man on the other end seemed sincere but he was way past trusting anyone without some assurancees.

“Alright I am listening what is the plan.”

“I would like you or you deputy the one that has family there to go into the compound with me and we will do an inspection if the guns are clean I will leave and the agents with me. I am the agent in charge and will show you the paperwork when I get to the Lexington airport at 6 am.”

The sheriff sat in silence for a long pause. Would this be it? He knew what was going on all over the US, small riots breaking out getting bigger everyday, looting, stores closed for lack of stock and that on top of the attacks. Maybe they figure this is one fight the do not need right now.

“Agent Greene there will be a chopper to meet you at Lexington at 6 am I will meet you at the ball field where the chopper can land. It should only take about 30 minutes to get to me from the airport. Agent I am trusting you to not be bringing anymore trouble. This situation is already at a flashpoint and one more spark and I do not know if I can keep it under control.”

“I swear sheriff I am coming to calm the fire not fan it. I will see you in the am.”

The phone line went dead and the sheriff silently said a prayer hoping this was on the level.

thanks for the new chapter, need more soonest

Can only get better!!!! WWWHWHHOOOOHHHOOOO!!!!

WAB

whtdragn,

You have a little glitch there.

You have everything OK through chapter 26. Then the next chapter is labeled as chapter 28 in the bold but chapter 27 in the regular print below.

Now, this last one is labeled chapter 29 in both kinds of print.

What is missing and where?

Thought I should ask before there was a bunch of stuff to fix.

Great story, glad you made it over here after the arboreal rodent nest went sour.

Buckshot

mistake

Looks like I am one less chapter then the numbers sorry. None are missing but just one back.

THank you for your hard work writing.

Chapter 29

JT roused slowly as Paula touched him on the forearm. He looked up into the face of his wife’s oldest friend.

“hey Paula thanks for coming over”

“no problem I wanted to get to touch the body of the local hero”

“oh please”he said with more then a hint of the exasperation he felt.

“ya Anne said you were touchy about it but gotta live with it people like that you are standing up besides being the local hero has perks the doc asked no more question then if this was for you.”

The needle held in her right hand. He had figured she was getting fewer then normal questions since the doctor knew who it was for. His family had been to the same doctor since the children were born and he had always been good when they needed a medication called in or something and did not have time to stop by the office.

“well for the local hero stuff I seem to be getting a lot of bruises none of those hero type in the movies worry about cortisone shots.”

They both laughed, She stepped close and took a firm grasp on his shoulder and slid the needle in slowly. Once she was assured of correct placement she pushed the plunger and the liquid flowed into the socket. She withdrew the needle and placed a band aide on the site.

“I do appreciate the help Paula.”

“I know you just happen to be a grouch.”

He smiled a warm and friendly smile knowing that sometimes she was completely right he could be a royal grouch.

“besides I have a message to deliver.”

She leaned down close to his ear, close enough that he could inhale her lovely perfume,
    “uncle bob would like you to drop by the range tomorrow around 10 am.” She kissed him on the cheek lightly.

“be careful will ya.”

His eyes wide with the recollection from the hospital. The cute nurse and the Sheriff.

“he is not really you uncle to is he?”

“nope but I thought you might remember the cute nurse.” She laughed a full and high laugh as she walked up the stairs and he could here her talking with his wife.

“Hey grouch you wife wanted me to remind you about a date you have in 20 minutes.”

“Thanks.”

He looked over and pulled the band aide off it figures she would put a barney band aide. He needed to remember to key her car next time she was over. It would be hard to notice on the 15 year old truck but it would make him feel better. He stood up and moved the sore shoulder and the pain had greatly subsided. He had pushed his luck today and that was an understatement. He could have torn his rotator or done some other damage that would have landed him in the hospital but he had to to show off. Was that it or was it something else, he was being pushed into this role as some avenging angel some vigilante hero and he felt out of place. He was not some war trained killer or mercenary or just a VET like those guys in Missouri. He was a heavy machine operator and part time farmer what was he doing in this mess. He shook his head and stretched and sat back down and moved to the computer. He went back to the email and opened the web page, she had been busy today many more videos were up and he saw a link for the chat room. He clicked and it immediately asked for a pass-code. He remembered she said it was something he should not forget and he entered the full date of his first experience. The screen appeared and it asked him for a user name.

He smiled and typed theshootist and hit enter. He was alone in the room for just a minute or so and another name appeared Valkyrie.

Theshootist: nice to see you it was getting lonely in here.

Valkyrie: we would not want that. Thanks for the condolences for Gerry.

Theshootist: I am sorry I never caught one of your shows, he sounded like a good guy.

Valkyrie: yeah he was and did not deserve what happened.

Theshootist: no he did not. This is terrible what is going on.

Valkyrie: Yes it is but we seem to have found ways to stop it. I even here you may have found a new way earlier today.

Theshootist: wow news travels fast, Unless you live nearby.

Valkyrie: Nope up near the mall of America at my Dads place but the net is everywhere and well Gerry and I were close with the militia groups and they seem to have taken an interest in you and I.

Theshootist: yeah but for what purpose poster-boy or some vigilante hero’s. I have gotten that here and am not comfortable in the role.

Valkyrie: maybe just two people who fought back.

Theshootist: I was scared shitless fighting back. I have no idea if I would even do it again if I was put in the position.

Valkyrie: yes you do. You would fire and shoot until you were dead.

Theshootist: how can you say that, you have never meet me. I may be some pervert.

Valkyrie: yep but one that will fight for this country and its people against all enemies foreign...

theshootist: or domestic. So what do we do. Do we form up a militia and go hunting these guys and what happens when we get someone we cannot prove is bad. How long before we are the ones on the wrong side of things.

Valkyrie: Well I like you have worried about moving to a position where we are considered the bad guy but then again they already tried that in your case.

Theshootist: yes and that turned out fine but I would prefer not to have to go through that again.

Valkyrie: I do not have all the answers we can do what we can and help the people we can and that is about it. If this devolves as bad as some people think it will this is going to get real bad and the good guys and bad guys may be hard to figure out.

Theshootist: I know what you mean it is just in a very short period of time I went from a heavy equipment jockey to some folk hero.

Valkyrie: maybe you are just …. a revolutionist. Maybe just a man that loves his country and is worried about it and the family he has. You are being to hard on yourself. Asking to much. You protected yourself and others and for that these men want to kill you. Maybe other will do the same and then you will just be back to be one of the tribe but for now you have stood at the front of the pack and have take down their dogs and maybe we need to see more of that. Hell maybe you just have better warrior mojo.

He laughed to himself and smiled. His father and grandfather had been warriors.

Theshootist: So what do we do.

Valkyrie: We get the word out that they are not invincible, that the government is clueless and the people must work together to defeat these attacks. I have some information about the Mosque of near here althugh the license my father ran for me did not trace back to it he was given some information that the me who attached the mall here had gathered and stayed there for awhile.

Theshootist: that is some pretty good intel.

Valkyrie: helps when your dad still has friends with the right groups and agencies. I also have a tech guy who can find out some pretty good stuff also.

Theshootist: I hope he is real good they are going to come down on you for that stuff on the website. The videos are ok but the pipe bomb stuff and everything from the anarchist cookbook they will never let that stay out there.

Valkyrie: It is already done what it needed to do. I have had well over a million hits It has been cached and copied over and over. The people who I wanted to have it now have it and that is all that matters.

Theshootist: then why do it in the open. Encrypted email all that and they could have had it.

Valkyrie: yep but sometimes it is that you do not hide that makes the strongest statement.

Theshootist: well you defiantly are making sure they know you are there. They will come for you tho and when they do it may be the terrorist or the people in the government that just do not know any better just doing their job. I hope you stay safe.

Valkyrie: Yes they will. Do you think they will try for you again.

Theshootist: Yes, I am afraid they cannot let me live. I am not sure if I should send the family away or try and hunker down.

Valkyrie: you must protect your family and yourself. There are people in your area do you want me to ask them to contact you.

Theshootist: not yet let me see over the next couple of days I have a meeting with a local sheriff and see what he has to say.

Valkyrie: I will let them know we have made contact and leave it at that. I would like to stay in touch.

Theshootist: yes I would also.

Valkyrie: have to go for now doing a little scouting trip. Check your email later something you can use to contact me. Be well.

Theshootist: be careful and I will be looking for it.

The room disappeared and he was disconnected. He ran a traceroute on the ip from the website and found that yes her friend did seem to know what he was doing. He was somewhere around 20 hops before he closed the window and he was not even back in the US yet. He had been chatting for well over and hour but he did feel better to find some kindred spirit or maybe someone that just is in the same steaming pile of shit as he found himself. JT knew they would try again for him and his family and the next time it would not be 2 or 3 they would send a group to get the job done no matter what. She was a strong willed woman and he pitied the men who might go against here. She chose an appropriate nic for herself. He got up from the chair and walked over to the gun safe tucked in the corner. He touched to cold steel of the behemoth. The safe was one of the larger Fort Knox safes and he typed in the entry code. He looked around the safe; of course not all the guns and ammo were here. Most of the ammo was actually in a outdoor tool box he bought off a man at one of his work-sites and he painted it and placed it in the corner with a lamp on it and now looked like an old wooden chest. He grabbed 3 boxes from the bottom shelf and closed the door with a loud thud.
    JT headed uptairs and called to his son and daughter. He saw his wife sitting at the kitchen table reading about the goats she had traded for. She looked up as he sat down the boxes and the kids came around the corner. He motioned them to sit and they sat down passing a quizzical looks between them. Look I just go out of the chat with that radio show host from phoenix the one whose friend was killed and she shot the attackers and killed them. Both kids looked back and forth and then towards their mother.

“yes guys I knew.” their mother said.

A quick look of ease passed over their faces.

“ok, so what did she say” his son asked.

For the next few minutes his dad went over the essence of the conversation and how she was going to proceed and he also included how he was feeling about this whole issue.

“dad I have talked to friends and people around and no one is expecting anything. They think it is good you fought back and it makes them wonder if what they are being told is the truth. I frankly think you and that lady are waking people up.” said his son in a serious tone.

“Dad people are actually starting to understand that the government is not going to be able to rescue them all” his daughter chimed in.

“dad look people are scared and need some good news and yours had been it, also they need help and need people to tell them how to make it in these bad times. I know we are pretty well set but a lot … most people are not and they could use some help. I think what you are doing is helping people see they can add their little bit. Those guys doing the website chickens in the hood have started teaching people how to keep chickens. The city rescinded the whole idea of regulations on keeping chickens for the most part when one of their regulation people got run off from citing a young boy from keeping 12 chickens. He was run off not by the boy or his family but by two gang members who lived next door who the kid was sharing the extra eggs with their mother. ” Don said.

“farmers markets are starting to run 7 days a week and they are starting to barter for work or goods and that is helping with the problems from the stores being without” said Lynn.
    He looked over to his daughter and son. He had not watched or listened to the local news to any great extent he had been blinded by his constant investigations on the internet for information on the terrorists. The people were trying to help each other. How long would that last? Was some of it really because of what he had done? He now had an agenda item when he talked to Sheriff Bob tomorrow, he thought back to that show After Armageddon “ we are nine meals from anarchy”. The longer we could put off that situation for the many the longer this might not blow up into a full fledged revolution.

“I am glad that it seems like what I have been doing is making some difference but lets be honest if they have tried 2 times they will try again” JT said.

He pushed the boxes towards the kids and one over to his wife.

“These are to be worn from now on. You two already have XDMs in 9 mm I want the Makarov put away and the two Springfield Armory worn.”

“ Dad I have two 16 round mags already why not just add some more mags” Don asked.

“well son because a gun can jam or get shot or you can drop it this way you have 4 16 round mags and two guns all subcompact and all you can shoot quarter size groups at 20 feet with” his dad answered back.

His wife opened the case slowly and saw the shiny revolver. She had seen one before it was the Taurus Judge. She looked up at her husband as if to ask a question but before she could speak.

“ I know you are not a big gun fan, you have always tolerated the kids and I being gun nuts but you have seen what is happening and it may come to you protecting our kids and I expect you to do it.” He said it a low slow voice.

“you know I would give my life for our children” she said in a slightly hurt tone.

“ I do not want you to give your life for them, I want you to be ready to kill anyone that attempts to hurt them.” He said staring straight into her eyes.

She shook her head yes and picked up the revolver. She had shot one at the local range and it felt comfortable. JT was right she was not a gun fanatic but she had been taught to shoot and was good at it and she did not shy away from going to the range with JT but she had given into the political correctness of the anti gun rhetoric from friends and family and been a reluctant gun friendly homeowner. When she meet JT she knew his passion for shooting and she went along and became proficient but when she mentioned it to her boss she got the line that guns were dangerous and that she did not allow them at work. He mother and father were not to thrilled with the guns that they owned and then when JT taught them to shoot it made for some tense family discussions but JT had said that his children would know how to use a gun for protection and that was the end of that. The grandparents finally came to a uneasy truce that what was not pushed in their face they would not worry about.

After a long pause “ I will do whatever it takes up to an including killing someone to protect my children” she said.

“good, Don do some work with your mom on the home range tomorrow with slugs and the 45 colt I have loaded on my bench.” JT said towards his son.

Before his son could get the question out.

“I have an appointment with someone early and cannot miss it” JT said as he bent down and kissed his wife softly on the lips and left the room.

thanks for the new chapter, good stuff, been to long though need more

Thank you, thank you, thank you, did I say thank you? Another chapter is always welcome.

Good Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAB

I'm all caught up. You are a wonderful story teller and I need more please.

Really missing this story having withdrawal symptoms!!!!!!! NEED MOAR!!!!!!!!

PLEASE????????

LOL!!!

WAB

I second the motion by Wab54; need more

Yes, please write some more of this whenever you can!

Chapter 30 part 1

Chapter 30

It was a little past 2 am local time in Tyler Texas at the home of 78 year old WWII Vet Herman Volker. Herman was in good shape for his age at least he would say so. He did have that bout with cancer but still got out into his garden every day and loved to ride that old tractor to cut the grass. He and his wife Anna were to old to be raising their grandson but he was a good kid in his last year of high school and already had scholarships for some computer and math wiz stuff. The counselor told him that Bryan would be able to go far with his abilities working with computers and electronics. They had picked up the pieces when his mother was killed by a robber who broke into her home. She killed the robber but he had cut her throat before the shot. Bryan had come to them 4 years ago. They fought his good for nothing Dad since he thought there might be some money but Bryan was the only one to see the insurance money and when the Judge found out that Bryans dad had some serious debt with some nasty people in baton Rouge she immediately gave full custody to Herman and his wife. Bryan had always liked to be with his maternal grandparents and loved the small farm they lived on. He was even able to setup some cameras to help his grandpa catch a two legged fox stealing one of his chickens every night. His grandpa was amazed when he watched the video and then next time they saw him his grandpa held the robber at bay with his double barrel 12 gauge while they waited for the police. Bryan was asleep upstairs as his grandma and grandpa sleep quietly in the bedroom downstairs as the two large black suburbans pulled into the driveway. The men quietly moved out of the doors and deployed around the front of the house and two me went to the back. The 6 black clad men each wore a vest emblazoned with the ATF initials.

The old man knew the sounds of his house and land and was awake before the men were in position. He had figured that he would be one of the firsts in this part of the country. He had spoken out so many times against the last few administration he laughed when he told his friends he was sure his name was on more then one list up in that hell hole they called DC. Well he was not going to go down without a fight he figured he and the wife could hold up for a couple of weeks and they would let Bryan go and stay with friends for a few days. He might even make the news for a couple of days before they would get tired and head back to Dallas or whatever office they were from. He had pulled on his overalls and walked slowly to the front room. His old double barrel 12 gauge sitting by the door. He could see out front the men moving around and he thought he would give them a surprise. He quickly opened the door and had the 12 gauge leveled at them before they made a step to his porch.

Agents John Blye and Eric Burse were about to take a step up on the porch and knock on the door. The Attorney General wanted this to go smooth as silk no fuss no muss. The thing in Kentucky had gotten out of hand and the President had sent in one of the black sheep of the ATF so to speak who would bend over backwards for these crazy gun owners. The Attorney General wanted this to be an example of what needed to be done and what was going to be done. The two men were startled when the door flew open and an old man with a shotgun had them in his sites.

“Just what in the sam hell are you men doing on my property” Herman Volker said in his best mean grouchy voice.

The two agents immediately stepped back to the ground and told the man to drop his gun.

“mister Volcker we are here under a lawful order to look over your gun collection and register it” agent Burse said.

“Well that is no lawful order here now go on and scat”

“Sir put that gun down now” Agent Blye said.

“what sonny you only like it when you are putting guns in peoples faces” the old man spat back at him.

“I am telling you for the last time put that gun down or we will fire” Agnet Blye said.

“ahh go ahead it might be worth it to see if they still hang scoundrels like you down here”

“you men get off my property now I am calling the police” Volker said.

The old man turned to head back in towards the door and with his back to the agents when a single shot rang out.

Bryan had been awakened when his grandpa had went outside and he slide over to his computer desk, opened the video program to the front porch camera. He had left them up so his one of his friends could check on the place from time to time when they went to the auctions and to visit some of the local colleges. He could see his granpa talking to the agents and he could see the two agents that were just at the front porch. To bad he did not have audio he was sure his granpa was giving them the whats for. His grandpa had very little use for the government and wanted nothing to do with them. It was not like he did not pay his taxes he just wanted them to stop making such stupid news laws and leave the people alone. He watched as the back and forth and then his granpa turned to go back in the house. The flash from the gun came from the man to the left on the video and he saw his granpa slump forward. He wanted to run downstairs and grad that shotgun and kill that man but that is not what his granpa would want . He would want him to protect his grandmother and let the people know what happen and that he could do but he needed time.
    Sheriff Juan Comez had been the Sheriff in Tyler for the past ten years and now it with all the crap from the Feds and the illegals streaming across the border and who knows who they were anymore. His deputies caught two with prison credentials the other day and guns all the time now. He had even had some call with the chief of staff for the governor and a ranger Sam Houston who was taking control of this whole issue for the Governors Office. He liked the Houston guy story goes he went to the local border agents office and decked a manager and told him next time he would kill him and the chief of Staff threatened some DC type at the same meeting. He sat back in the old wooden chair and smiled. He took the late shift every now and then so the guys would still know he was one of them. He had a good group of 7 deputies and 6 members of a swat team that did various duties at the Sheriffs office. He was about to go grab his cruiser and take a drive around the town when the phone rang.

“Tyler Sheri....”

“Sheriff Sheriff it is Bryan Volker” Bryan said quietly into the cell phone he had with him in the closet.

He figured if the started an immediate search it would take a bit to find him.

“Sheriff they shot granpa, it looks like 2 or more men out front ATF vests” Bryan whispered.
    The Sheriff could not believe what he was hearing but he was not going to take any chances. He snapped his fingers and one of the deputies at another desk looked over. He covered the mouthpiece.

“ get over to the Volker place right now” the Sheriff ordered.

“ On my way Sheriff” the deputy said.

“ listen you do not start anything you call back and let me know what is going on and how many are there” The Sheriff added.

The deputy nodded.

The Volker place was less then 10 minutes away and he wasted to know what was going on before he got out there. He looked over to another deputy who by now was looking at the sheriff awaiting orders. He told him to get EMS rolling out that way also.

“bryan are you sure he is shot”

“yes I have it on video they shot him in the back as he was coming back in the house.”

“WHAT”

“yes they came and he meet them at the door and when he turned to come back in they shot him”

“bryan you must keep that video. Do not give it to them.” The Sheriff said.

“I am already sending it out in another minute or so it will be everywhere” the boy said.

“good I am on the way” The Sheriff said.

Sheriff Gomez headed out to the cruiser and called his second in command captain Lisa Smith. Lisa was a MP in the Marines and served two tours in Irag. She had come back home 5 years ago to settle back down and start a life and found her way to the Sheriffs office. Some of the guys gave her a hard time when she moved from the squad to Captain when she had only been there two years but then she had a bachelors degree and 8 years as an MP so not too much was mad of it.

“Lisa we have a situation over at the Volker farm I think they tried one of those confiscations. Bryan called and said his granpa was shot in the back and says it is on video.” the Sheriff explained.

He could here the intake of a breath. She was fond of old man Volker he had welcomed her to the VFW post and took the time to chat with her. He could be crude but she took it in stride.

“ I understand what do you want me to do” She said.

“call in everyone even the swat members and have them head over towards the volker farm. Let them know the basics I am going to get in touch with that Houston guy and see what he wants us to do.”

“will do chief”

“Lisa... we cannot loose our cool on this one. Ok.”
    A longer then normal pause.
    “I hear ya sheriff.”

She called the remaining deputies as she dressed and grabbed her gear. She pulled the belt around her and then looked over towards her closet and opened the door. The silver gun safe was not the largest but it was enough for her expensive guns. She opened it with a few buttons pushed and spun the brass handle. She reached down to one of the lower shelved and pulled out a small automatic weapon. She had purchased the MP5 right after she had left the army and became part of the police force. She had been part of the original SWAT team and had qualified to own the MP5. She also grabbed her Springfield M1A 308 and walked out the door.

Texas Ranger Sam Houston had just laid his head down on the pillow. It had been a long few days. Since the incident at the border and all the whirlwind that had happened since he had gotten very little good sleep. He had been working with units all over the state to get men on the border and it looked like they would have 5 thousands volunteer officers by the end of the week. Between the border agents and the regular police patrols they were getting up to some good numbers. The Governor had even sent a letter that he was calling up 2500 guardsmen who would not longer accept deployment overseas. The Governor gave some legalese excuse when the papers asked but it was mainly because he wanted to. With the White House in shambles as far as their policies they were reluctant to make to much of a case . They were already trying to get the Governor to back down on this whole border issue. It had already caused issues with the Mexican Councilor wanting a public apology for the deaths of Mexican nationals on the border. When the Governor was on the conference call and heard one of the Mexican Presidential Advisers saying this would help belay some tensions, it had been reported that he asked why Mexican nationals with fake ID from local prisons and army bases and a million dollars in cash where crossing with the help of Mexican army, and as far as that apology I would rather piss on a live electric fence then to offer an apology to your narco state President and dropped off the conference call. He could feel sleep himself dropping into the darkness of sleep.

He had answered the phone on reflex and could hear a voice from the other end.

“Mr Houston Mr Houston, this is sheriff Gomez in Tyler, Tx”

“Yes Sheriff, I am sorry I was about dozing off there. What can I do for you this early morning”

“Yes Sir I am sorry about that but it appears some of those federal boys have tried to do a confiscation on one of our WWII vets and they may have shot him in the back. His grandson says he has it on video”

The tirade of expletives and damnation’s that followed was one that made even the Sheriff blush.

“Sir I am sorry to have to wake you up with this bad news but how do you want me to handle it.”

“Sheriff I am sorry but this damned group in DC is just trying to get this country into a civil war and I think sometimes they are doing it on purpose to get to call in those UN boys.”

“Sir do you really...”

His words were cut off.

“Gomez you go an arrest every one of those agents and if they resist you shoot them I would prefer wounding them because I do intent to see this in court but you protect you and yours and I will be on a chopper and there in 30 if I can. I will let the Governors office know”

The call from Ranger Houston and the chief of staff lasted for a couple of minutes at tops and included a 30 second tirade including some parts about what he would like to do to the head of the ATF or who ever was pushing this and Houston was sure some of those things were still illegal in Texas. The Chief said to arrest them all and post guardsmen at the Jail. No visitors and not paperwork from some Federal Judge would be accepted until this was sorted out. Houston was out the door and on his way to a local Heliport location and should meet up and be in the air in 10 minutes.

“Sheriff Sheriff come back I am on the scene and they are 6 agents keep people back a few of the neighbors are getting mighty upset”

The sheriff picked up the mic in his car “ good try and keep it quiet until I get there but you tell them an EMS unit is on the way and I want a picture of the scene as it is now and if need be lock the keys and the camera back in the car. “

The deputy grabbed the camera from his operation bag in the truck of the patrol car and began to shoot some closeup shots of how Herman was laying. He could see that he was slumped forward like he was walking back in the door.

“hey just what do you think you are doing” one of the agents yelled over to the deputy.

“Following orders to document this scene for my Sheriff, Mr. Volker was a patriot and there will be inquiries.” the deputy said with more then a twinge of anger.

“this is a federal matter and we are in charge now stop taking those pictures”

Just as the deputy was going to answer back Lisa and two of her swat members that lived out close to the Volker Household showed up. They came out of their vehicles with guns held low but the agent noticed they were fully swat ready he did not take the next step towards the local deputy he had intended.

“Agent Step back from my deputy” Lisa said in her best command voice.

“this is a federal “

“You just shot a Texas citizen” She cut him off.

One of the agents carrying the MP5 weapons moved closer to the group of 5 officers and agents with the gun held low port but as he got closer the barrel was being raised. Behind him 3 other swat team members had arrived and were moving over towards the Captain. Agents Blye and Burse were on the porch speaking with headquarters in Dallas and giving them and update. They had wanted to do a search but someone from inside had locked the front door before they could get in and then there were neighbors many with cameras. This was turning into a major issue just what their bosses did not want but they could spin this as some old deranged veteran who should not have had guns to begin with. Lisa caught the eyes of one of the approaching men and motioned them to a stop and pointed to the two agents on the porch. The hand signals passed quickly between the team members and they knew she wanted them to make sure the 2 agents on the porch were covered. She could see the Sheriff and a few more cars in the distance and knew this was about to get very dangerous. She was not going to let these agents do anymore harm in her community. She had fought for this country thousands of miles away and now this had happened in her own backyard.

“Agent Step back from my Deputy, deputy continue on” Lisa said once more.

The deputy nodded and continued to document the scene.
    “deputy this is a federal matter and you could frankly be in a lot of trouble if you attempt to interfere” the agent said as she watched the agent with the MP5 move next to him.

She could see the Sheriff had arrived and 5 more officers with him. The Sheriff headed directly for Lisa and gave instructions to the officers as he walked towards his captain. Two officers pealed off and moved to backup the 3 men who were watched the agents on the porch and the other two moved with the sheriff. Sheriff Gomez leaned into Lisa as she whispered.

“ I caught the call 6 agents, two on the porch and two in front of us one in the first suburban and one by the rights side of the house.” Lisa quickly explained.

Sheriff Gomez looked back at the two deputies that had peeled off and looked over at the agent beside the house. The two men moved as one going around the opposite side and around the back. They came around and were now at the back corner watching as he surveyed the scene around the front of the house. Agent Burse had noticed the movements while he was on the call to Dallas and quickly made his way over towards the Sheriff.

“This is a federal operation Sheriff and your men are trampling on evidence” Burse said as he got into speaking range.

“well agent I have been told to detain you and await further orders, this is now a murder investigation of a citizen of the State Of Texas” the Sheriff said with an angry tone.

“ Listen you local hick , my name is agent”

“frankly I do not give a damn what your name is, I am told I have video evidence that you shot a man in the back tonight and you and your men are under arrest”

“you have no authority” the agent started but before her could finish in one swift motion the Sheriff had his gun drawn and up.

“ This is all the authority I need son” The Sheriff looked to his men they all immediately moved on the agents taking guns and cell phones as well as communications devices. The agent at the corner of the house tried to moved forward but was caught completely off guard by the two men who had quietly moved within feet before taking him to the ground. The only agent left had laid down flat in the black Suburban and tried to reach the radio in the front seat. Lisa had moved to the back and now looked in the window opposite the open back door. As the agent slid a magazine into his gun...
    Through the open window an arm moved slowly. Her 45 made contact with the top of the agents head.

“now release that weapon and get out” Lisa commanded.

The startled agent let the gun slide to the floor as one of the other deputies came and helped Lisa secure the prisoner. All of the agents were secured with flexi cuffs and sat down in the front yard. The EMS unit had just arrived and was moving to see what they could do with the downed man. Lisa and the Sheriff moved and knocked on the door where Bryan had been watching from the darkness.

“Sheriff, thanks for coming. Is grandpa going to be ok” Bryan said.

“ I do not know they are working on him now , Bryan I am sorry but I have to see this video right now” The Sheriff said.
    “No problem. Come with me.” He said.

As they passed the kitchen “ grandma they are working on grandpa on the porch wait until I can help you out there” Bryan said as they started up the stairs to his room. He could hear her crying as he took 2 and 3 steps at a time. They all moved into his room and the two deputies moved behind the young man as he pressed a button and showed the video. It completely showed the scene of the two agents arguing and then the other agent who had been on the porch with Burse shoot the old man as he was turning to go back inside.

Chapter 30 Part 2

The radio crackled.

“Sheriff we have a slight pulse we need to load him up and go”

“Roger, you get him there as quick as you can and someone help the grandmother get in the ambulance and go with him” the Sheriff ordered.

“roger came a quick response”

“Bryan I need a copy of this and I need to make sure this copy on here stays here.”

“Sheriff I have already uploaded this to YouTube and about 100 friends that will keep it safe.” Bryan said.
    With a slight pause and he began.
    “ Sheriff I did not mean to cause you any problems but this video already has 20 thousand hits at this time in the morning. The people know what happened” Bryan said slowly and deliberately.

It dawned on the Sheriff what he was saying the people were going to see this and going to be looking for these agents. Lisa had said nothing but watched the video over and over and could not believe that an agent of the government that she had fought for would do such a cowardly act. Bryan burned a copy of the video and the trio went back the same way they came. They were helping the grandmother into the ambulance. Bryan looked over to the sheriff and said he was going to go along with them as he motioned towards the EMS unit. The Sheriff nodded and sent a cruiser along side in case he needed the boy later for questioning.

Lisa moved towards the agents who were all sitting in a small group surrounded by deputies.

“Captain, you all are in so much trouble. When the backup gets here and our superiors hear about this”

Agent Blye said.

Lisa shot a cold look and told the deputies to get them in the suburban’s and get them in lockup.

“no visitors , not federal judicial orders” Got it she ordered.

The deputies’ started getting the agents to their feet and loaded them into the black SUV’s as Blye words still promising vague threats and what legal jeopardy they were in. The Sheriff was on the phone and Lisa was listening to the tirade from this punk. Her face already flushed from the video she had watched.

“what is the problem we just go rid of one more of those crazy gun owners. This man will be shown to have PTSD and should have never been able to purchase a gun. We did our jobs and when this gets going we are taking all the guns from these idiots’ and rednecks and maybe we need to look at some local Sheriff departments to” Blye said raising his voice as he stood in front of the Captain.

“ he should have listened to the federal agents who told him what to do and his fat carcass would not have been laid across his porch” Blye continued, he was working towards a fever pitch. He should have been watching for low flying objects.

Lisa Smith had heard more then enough and as Blye continued to add to his allotted need for a serious adjustment she moved the M1A from around her shoulder. She had been on the drill team off and on and she knew her way around spins and turns with a gun so the next movement was quick and effortless as she grab the forearm stock and the stock right in front of the butt. She brought the butt around quickly and quietly as it made solid contact with Blyes jaw.

His lecture was cut off.

Lisa had the M1A in her left hand and now her 45 was in the face of the surprised agent looking up from where he went down from the blow. The Sheriff saw the painful lesson swiftly dealt to the Agent and moved behind Lisa and laid a hand on her shoulder. The other agents were looking on wide eyed from there various stages of placement in the SUV’s.

Agent Burse began “there is no”

Lisas Interrupted “yes there was a need, you came down here and possibly killed an America serviceman over some BS illegal seizure order. No wonder the people have lost respect for the government. We should leave him here so the people can dispense a little justice.”

Agent Burse decided silence was a better tact right now. When one of the main Agents from Dallas got there this would all be handled and she would be out of a job.

Lisa continued “so I will tell you what if he wants to open his mouth again if he can and starts up that crap he runs the risk of this deputy putting a bullet in his skull.”

Burse said nothing as two deputies helped Blye back to his feet. The Sheriff moved closer to the group his hand dropping from the shoulder of his Junior Officer.

“Well gentlemen I just got off the phone with the Governors Office. They have called the Dallas office of the ATF and told them if any of their vehicles moved from the office they will be arrested. They have also placed calls to the Justice department and White House letting them know that if anyone is sent down here to intervene they will considered hostile forces and will be fired upon.”

The agents were stunned would they actually battle with federal forces if they came down to get them out of this mess. They had simply been following orders.

Agent Burse said in a low slow voice” what are you going to do with us.”

The Sheriff looked down at the ground and then back into the eyes of the Agent. “You will be arraigned at 8 am and charged with capital murder under the cover of law.” He paused “they intend to seek the death penalty. If you are found guilty they intend to carry out the sentence in 30 days.”

The stunned agents sat in silence as the doors were closed and they headed back to the police station in the black Suburban’s.

hhooooorrraaahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAB

wow, normally I wouldn't like waiting but that chapter was well worth it, hoorah for Texas

I love it. just following orders don't cut it. These guys should have paid attention in their history class.
    Great story, thanks

Woo hoo! What a story! Looking forward to more...hint, hint.
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

Fantastic, need more SOON.