I was recently asked on this Forum, if I had Asperger's Syndrome--Maybe--but they hadn't invented that in my formative years.

I will tell you a true story--maybe two--right quick.

When I was in the US Army, I had a Sargent who claimed to have been an undercover agent with the GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation.)

Think about all the drugs that come into Florida, earmarked for delivery farther North--They go through Georgia. Then Georgia has quite a few places on its coast, where stuff can be unloaded--and Dope Planes often disembark inland.

The upshot of all this is, that the GBI is one of the biggest and best funded Police organizations in America--at least it was back in the '80's.

Anyway, my Sargent was Prior Service, and he'd gotten burnt-out on Police Work, and had done a tour in the Army to regroup. He decided that he was getting out when his time was done, and thought that he was ready for Nark Work again.

{Remember folks, We were Small Arms Repairman in the peacetime Army. It kept me all wired up like a Starving Stray Alley Cat pumped full of Crystal Meth, and as nervous as a Whore in Church--but not from any sort of Battle Stress.}

"O cool Sargent. Do you think you could get me a job doing that?"

He sat and gathered his thoughts for a moment.

"An Undercover Narcotics Agent deals with all sorts of Homicidal Sociopaths with Hair Triggers. They may go off the deep end and try to kill you at any time, without any Provocation.....

"And you like to sit and antagonize people."

He did say that I might have been good (Back Then) for Surveillance Crews and/or No-Knock Entry Teams.

Since I never heard from him after we were both out--I guess not.

.....RVM45