Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Oh for Pete's Sake!
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Poor Evie, I guess it's too cold to spend the night in the creek. Great story, loving it.

Talk about a bad day. What's next for poor Evie? Biblical plagues?
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

She needs a good nights sleep at sometime.

Brett said seriously, "I'm going back to bed, I can't stand the smell out here."

"Hey," Benny objected. "We cant leave Mizz Evie out here. It's cold, you dope head. How'd you like it if it was you?"

"Who you calling names, you black eyed animal," Brett forgot the name of a raccoon, but figured he was close enough.

The two young men started
    squaring off in a push and shove match. Brett was taller and out weighed Benny by 25 pounds, but Benny; well Benny was hurt from his encounter with the charging Inky. "You just wait," he threatened. "As soon as I feel better,"....

"When did you get hurt Benny?" Evie interupted the war. "Was it Inky?" Benny nodded, but forgot Evie couldn't see him in the dark. "Yeah," he rasped. "He rolled me but good."

"That dog has been nothing but trouble. More than we can handle, more than I want to have around," frustrated Evie heaped blame on Inky. "We can't feed him, my word, he probably eats tons of food," she accused. "Food we don't have."

"Kids, go get me a blanket please," Evie switched gears in the middle of her thought." I'm gonna sleep out here tonight. I'm so tired, I can't function." "For sure I can't be inside." Brett snickered. Benny asked for the flashlight, for his walk to the house. Evie passed it to him.

"Oh, are we scared of the dark," Brett jabbed at Benny, and the thin youth sidestepped the finger poke. "No," Benny mumbled, "I don't want to find a skunk the hard way."

The flashlight ended it's life as Benny returned to the barn.."Rats," his childish voice said in the total darkness.

"Gosh damm, it's dark in here," Brett expressed his opinion. "Brett! That's enough of that kind of language," Evie interupted. "No more," she scolded.

"Mizz Evie, keep talking so I can find you, here's the blanket," Benny requested. "Come on Brett, we need to use your glow in the dark eyes to get to the house. Or do you want to stay with Mizz Evie.?"

"I think I'm needed in the house," Bretts voice was quiet and wobbly. "It sure is dark out here."

"Hang on to me," Benny stated the obvious. "We don't want you to get lost."

There was muttering under Brett's breath, it sounded like "me neither."

PNW,

I love this story. You are doing excellent work.

Ciao,

BM
    Las Vegas NM
    "Any government that fears guns in the hands of its citizens, should." -- Thomas Jefferson

Proud Libertarian, Constitutionalist and Military Veteran

thanks for the new page

thank you