Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

The free dogs.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The free dogs.

The free dogs.

This is part of a book I am writing, all of this is real and did happen.

Most Mushers, at one time or another had someone give us, or try to give us a free sled dog. It is always the best dog in the world, all the dog needs is the right understanding master to bring all of the dog’s great abilities to full flower. Right! Usually this dog has more bad habits than Congress.

This is the story of one such dog, and his two evil brothers. I was not only naive enough to take one such dog - I took a whole three dog team! I do have a good excuse. I had just bought my first dog team, and I had only been driving dogs for about 1 month. I hadn’t bought a lead dog yet, and Bones was supposed to be the best Gee Haw leader that was ever been born. There were a few minor problems. Bones and his brothers had killed and eaten the neighbor’s Pomeranian on one occasion when it ran out and challenged the team. On another occasion they attacked the team next to them at a race, then they finished that little escapade by turning on their owner and shredding him at the starting line when he tried to break up the fight. Of course, I didn’t find this out until much later and by then, I already owned the dogs from hell.

OK...Did anyone ever tell you that you are a tease? I must know more about these "free dogs". Please.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, from someone who has been doing Malamute Rescue for years ----- I hear ya dude. And from the stories of my friends who are mushers -- so have they. Almos everyone has had a dog from hell or if particularly 'lucky' most of a team of these dogs. The easiest way to rid your kennel of those dogs is to find a rookie musher who really NEEDS a gee-haw or a trail leader and guess who just might be willing to give him the dogs.

Gotta hear your story - each one of the same stories is so individual - please remember I am laughing WITH you not at you. Ever had a POed Malamute with his jaws wrapped around your arm? well. . . . . . that is the real reason mushers now use Alaskans or Sibes half to a quarter the size. However, if you follow any of the racing in the Northen Tier watch the entries this year -- a beautiful, well socialized, friendly team of Mals is training and running races prepping the team and musher for the Irod in '14. They claim they are racing for a record of Red Lantern Trophies -- one under their belt already. Quinault Mals out of northern Montana wit their musher Morgan.

DM