Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Premonitions
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Premonitions

Hybrid View

Premonitions

Clora stood on the porch thanking the ladies of the church fellowship for coming to the family's rescue; the marathon cleanup after the 'home invasion' a herculean task.

Sandy, Lainey and Cheryl echoed their thanks, standing propped against the porch railing. Heartsick and flooded with emotion, the family gathered at the huge supper table for tea, coffee and tons of goodies brought in for the funeral meal.

Tired and overwhelmed, there was silence except for the children chattering in the corner at their own table.

"Grandma wouldn't like us moping around," Sandy said starkly. "She didn't believe in what we're doing here."

"Well then, you get up and dance;" Brett challenged. "I don't feel like it."

Clora heaved a big sigh. It was up to her to put the brakes on the snideness, and potshots. Grandma had specifically requested that, and it was a job Clora didn't want.

"Not tonight," Clora issued her decree. "I have some things I want to discuss with the family, and I need open minds and kind hearts." She looked sternly up and down the table, expecting and getting nods of agreement.

Clora went to the kitchen and returned with a note book, three small boxes and Grandma's old brown suitcase.

"How did that make it through the destruction?" Brett wondered aloud. "Those goons went through everything and either stomped or crapped on it."

Cheryl quickly glanced at the kids to see if they were listening, but Christy had the boys building cookie towers, so they were occupied.

Clora shot him a pained look, quelling the next thought spilling out of his mouth.

"You know Grandma," she stalled a bit as she opened the old brown leather train case. "She believed in taking care of what she had. She also had some ideas that this very thing might happen. So with that opening, I want to show everyone what she discovered."

Clora took the last six stacks of banded money and placed them on the table. Slipping the bank's paper band from the money she twisted the stack in half, and spilled the contents from the hollowed out hiding place.

The diamonds made a small clattering noise as they fell on the old walnut stained table, bringing a unified gasp from the family.

Oh excellent! Glad you're back at it Pac. So there were diamonds after all.

YAY!!! MOAR!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AND THANK YOU!!!

The story is continuing...best thing I've seen all day. Thank you Pac.

I for for one need a little meat, and back ground. How did granny die, what is up with the home invasion? Are any of the family still chipped? Boy Cliff sure is a bear! Thank for continuing the saga of family!

In Count Your Blessings, page 9 has the last chapter that sets the stage for this new story.

Oh wow, thank you.

SHE'S Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    I hope MR Pac is doing well?
    Hopefully your canning went well?
    Thanks for the new story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeepcats3

You have no idea how exciting it is for us to see a new story with your name attached to it, Pac! THANK YOU!!!
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.