MT here again. It's been a while since I've put pen to paper & contributed to Tom's journal. I really am too busy lately, but this is rather special. Finding such a prize makes me feel like a child on an old fashioned treasure hunt. I almost don't want the box opened - silly of me isn't it? But I suspect what's inside will turn out to be far more prosaic than anyone is willing to consider.

I expect it will be a special bil of sale, perhaps for a prize bull or something which at the time, seemed most important. Perhaps it was loan papers, a mortgage, or a bill of sale for a First Tractor.

Now, if I let my imagination run riot, I'd venture that it's old love letters from Drew's parents to each other or even letters between his grandparents. I doubt it's older than that. I don't want to sound snobby or anything, but generations ago, few farmers, few descendents of slaves could read, never mind write. However, maybe that's exactly what's in there.

I guess we'll see in a few days. And let me add here, I'm looking forward to Drew & Annette returning to us.