Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story So that your love may be complete.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Ben was aware the woman was still standing behind him and it took a long time before he heard a soft "ahem, Sir, may I have a moment of your time please?"

Ben turned around and the tiny woman would have gotten an imprint on her nose from the buttons on his shirt front, if she hadn't been agile. It bothered him that she was so close into his personal space, but he couldn't back away, the bin of green beans prevented his escape.

"I would like to make arrangements to book a fishing trip please," her reasonable and friendly voice was very removed from the brash and strident tone of a few minutes ago.

"Alright," Ben tried to be as reasonable as she was projecting. "Tell me what days you have open," he invited.

LOL! well maybe the girl has some brains after all.

thanks so much!

on a side note: I thought I was the one responsible for the Timebomb "timeout" for hitting the F5 so many times on this story...

Alarm bells.

Ever heard the frog and scorpion story.

So frog is giving scorpion a ride across the river on his back and the scorpion stings him and as they are sinking frog says, why did you kill me, you will die too ya know. Scorpion says I can't help it, it is my nature.

Anyone who switches like that, I see scorpion when he was convincing frog that he wouldn't sting him.

I know to paranoid, and really really bad experience with my ex.

Looking forward to see how this plays out.

Thanks for MOAR Mrs. PAC, Hope things are as good as can be for you and the Mr.

Dosadi.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

YEp me to, I thought TRAP.

Ben should trust his first impressions, Dosadi I like the scorpion and the frog story, true in many cases but not every. Only Pac knows for sure.
    Wayne

#15b

Ben and the Goth woman settled on Thursday to go fishing.

"And your name is?" Ben got out his pocket notebook and prepared to write her name.

"And I suppose you'll want my phone number next," the snotty words flew out the woman's mouth before she had time to censure them.

"No, I don't believe so," Ben was holding on to his temper. He simply didn't know how to communicate or understand these new modern women, so he elected not to deal with her. She was going to find out Thursday morning that he wouldn't be at the dock and he had no way to inform her.

Ben sidled out of her invasion of his personal space and went to help Bethune Larson check out her groceries. She had her usual Tuesday morning items and Ben made sure she had chosen the freshest of the pork sausage, and the newest box of tea.

Green Hair went flouncing out of the store, and Bethune had almost as mean spirited comment as the short woman.

"That's a sass a body don't need in their life. She'd give anybody a sour stomach for sure." the prim and proper Bethune announced.

Ben just nodded, hoping the whole incident would just go away.

Thank you so much Pac for continuing the saga. It brightens my day to see updates. I hope you and the Mr are doing alright.

LoL

Now not being there sure makes me want to be a fly in the wall when that thing shows up, Bless her LIl' ol' heart.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thank you,

Some people just don't have a clue as to the hardships they bring upon themselves by there actions and the way they treat others. Thanks for the chapter Pac, praying blessings for you and yours.
    Wayne

Very interesting addition in this character! I just got caught up and read from page 2 to here. As always, fantastic writing, Pac! Thank you so much!!
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

I've been c/p'ing your stories and was going to "remove" the posts that are not story but it was simply amazing the story behind the 'story'. I also could not believe how long the story of this family has been going on.

So much 'outside' the story. Thank you for sharing your life with us along with the superb saga.

it's an honor

To me its like visiting a dear friend who shares a never ending story while we all enjoy it in the context of a wonderful visit with all those present.

Without the posts the story would still be great

The posts enhance the feeling of closness with each other and the author to a better level.

I enjoy reading what people post and the talk.

Kind of like talking about the most recent chapter with friends.

All that's missing is coffee and cake in a darkened room with a cool evening outside and the fireplace burning.

Total warm fuzzy

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Dear Folks;

It's been an interesting couple of days. I went to ER early Wed am. with what I thought was a heart attack. Instead it was blot clot going through the lungs, so now as you can guess, things are different in the daily routine. I'm on so much blood thinner, if I sneeze hard, I bleed. Will be back tonight with a chapter, after I rest up a bit. Thanks for reading, Pac & Mr. Pac..

Pac & Mr. Pac, prayers said for you both...

prayers for you both, Pac and Mr Pac

Oh my gosh Pac. Please take it easy. All of us are always chomping at the bit for more of this story, but you are way more important than this story, excellent tho it be. Prayers for you and Mr. Pac.

Prayers Mrs. PAC. My Mother was on the same thing, and it seemed like just touching her would set off bleeding. The blood clot finally dissolved and they took her off it. She still bets massive purple bruises if she bumps stuff and its been almost a year.

I got her some of that liquid bandaid so she could paint weak spots so they didn't start bleeding.

keep a close watch.

Worst thing is the blood thinner stuff made it where she couldn't eat things like cabbage which she loves. Doc just ok'ed her to start back, but watch your diet and pay attention, Foods can really impact a blood thinner.

Get better.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Please know that we continue to pray for you and for Mr. Pac. Please take care of yourself.

Oh Pac, I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I'm a caregiver, and I've had clients on blood thinners. In my experience the Doctors want to keep you on them indefinitely, with the weekly then monthly blood testing and dosage adjustments, forever.
    I have been successful getting some of my clients off of maintenance thinners with persistent and annoying repetitive requests.
    When you have busted this clot and are doing better, I hope you can get off that stuff too.

We all know to watch vitamin K rich foods, but there are some others that affect the blood levels, the one that I was surprised by was grapefruit.
    My client had dementia, and we HAD to give him grapefruit, so we had to measure it, and treat it like a complimentary medication to the warfarin, we couldn't skip it. As soon as we started measuring it, his levels stabilized and we didn't have to tweak the warfarin dosages at all.

Thank you for sticking with the story.
    I hope you feel better soon.

Oh, Pac...you've been through so much these last couple of years! My prayers are with you and Mr. Pac.

Sully
    Got Jesus? It's hell without Him.

* When the People become scared of the government it's called Tyranny. When the government becomes scared of the people it's called LIBERTY!!*
    Thomas Jefferson

Prayers for a quick recovery.

Pac, Praying for you and Mr. Pac thank you for keeping us informed as to what is happing in your life, you are loved and worried about by many, May God Bless you and Keep you always.
    Wayne

When Toby and Meg got back to town from their fish catching/baby appreciating journey they got the shock of their life. The kitchen door was open, lights were on, and no Maggie to be found. She wasn't in the kitchen, she was in the living room trussed up like a Thanksgiving turkey on the couch.

Spitting mad, and almost incomprehensible; Maggie had been set upon by a gang of four. They had come on her from behind when she took the trash out, and put a pillow case over her head.

"Their coming back," she said immediately, when freed. "Get the kids to the basement." and she gave Toby a look that said she had information to give him when the kids were out of earshot.

Maggie sure did. She was sure the gang was a few of Adoree's friends, by the slang language they used. "They have to be kids," she was sputtering; "but their awful strong little buggers, whoever they are." Maggie was maddest about them taking one of her favorite stainless steel pans and her copper omelet treasure she had used for years.

Toby called the police to tell them and got a weary Sargent that promised a squad car as soon as one was free. Toby, Meg and Maggie devised a trap, when the laughing, giggling band could be heard coming back.

thank you Mrs. PAC

Hope you're feeling better a bit.

Good cliff, and with a problem that seems to happen far to often these days. Well I'd just shoot em all and let the message be plain.

I bet your answer will be better than my blunt one.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

I knew something must have been wrong, I hope the meds help, and may the Lord Bless.

Thanks for the new chapter Pac, Praying for you and Mr. Pac.
    Wayne

Oh, no, Pac! Will continue praying for your and your mister!
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Thanks for the new chapter Pac.

Sully
    Got Jesus? It's hell without Him.

* When the People become scared of the government it's called Tyranny. When the government becomes scared of the people it's called LIBERTY!!*
    Thomas Jefferson

Praying for you tonight Pac.

Thank you all for the prayers. They have helped us both soooo muches.
    I am beside myself with this computer. I am taking a vacation from posting until Fri. to see if I can't come up with a solution. DiL is coming to visit and she is a IT person at her work, so hopefully she can help. I start to post a short chapter, as anything past 3 0r 4 paragraphs won't go, and the wireless server I'm on will change between one of the four they have available. Poof..it's gone.
    I'm feeling better, but not with THAT going on. Hang on folks, we'll eventually get it figured out. Blessings, Pac. & Mr. Pac.

So glad to know that you are doing better even if the computer is driving you nuts... your health is far more important, even if we are wondering if Ben drowned that annoying woman or if she ends up being really nice and leading him astray for a while.

Thanks for the up date Pac, as for your computer problem, I am no expert but I believe that you can choose one net work provider and set your computer to ignore the rest of the one's available. I know that in my house and my shop there are more than one available and I can choose which one I want to use. As I said I am no expert, this is just my limited understanding of how it works. Praying for you and Mr. Pac
    Wayne

Thank you for the update. Prayers for you and Mr Pac continue.

Hi Pac, I sure hope things are doing better for you and Mr. Pac. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love

The noise the four hoodlums made pegged them as amateurs right from the get go. The fact they were confident Maggie would be right where they left her, said volumes about their burglary tendencies.

Maggie had been correct, they were a bunch of Adoree's friends. With Toby's Glock practically shoved up the young man's nose, the blanched white under his darker skin teen was more than happy to tell Toby what ever the older man wanted to know.

Adoree had innocently told her friends the family was going to visit three babies born all at once; and the off hand comment had started the whole situation.

Not much in the way of friends it seems. Hope the family can get there stuff back.

Thanks for the chapter Pac, it is good to hear from you again. Prayers for you and Mr. Pac,
    Wayne

Good to have U back. Hope things are going well for U and Mr. P.

Nice to see an addition to your story. Hope that means your computer problems are solved.

Also hope that means you and Mr PAC are feeling well and each settled into your new digs.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
    President Theodore Rooseveldt