Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story Sailor Sam
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sailor Sam

Hybrid View

fastback08 thank you for the chapter, great story, thank you for taking the time to share it with us I am looking forward to more.
    Thanks
    Wayne

so loving this story keep it going.
    btw buying a sailboat in a few weeks so this is keeping me sane lol

Chapter 16 (contd.)

Sam handed over his thirty-gallon propane tank and Irene gave the man a list of things she needed. Sam hand over some bills and the older man assured him it was plenty. Finally, Sam gave the old man a Hand held two-way radio and gave him a quick course in using it. Sam told the old man to call him when he got close, so he and Irene wouldn’t have to go on guard.

The old fellow, lashed the propane tank down and slowly putted through the brush cover and headed on to Grand Cayman. Sam took the dingy and he and Irene motored out into the open water to try and catch some supper.

“We still have a lot of fish in the refrigerator,” Irene advised Sam.

“This is a likely spot to grab some Spiny Lobster,” Sam countered, “but if you don’t care for lobster, we can just eat the fish.”

“Let’s at least give them a try,” Irene said, changing her mind.

Sam laughed and pulled his mask and snorkel out of his gear bag and slipped into the water. “Keep your eyes open for visitors while I am down,” Sam told Irene, “Slap the water with a paddle if you see or hear anything.”

Irene took her job seriously, scanning the horizon with Sam’s Steiner binoculars, looking for anything that wasn’t water. Sam came up with a nice sized lobster and told her he would be right back. Irene became fascinated by the large number and variety of birds and her attention drifted a little. Sam came up silently with two more of the lobsters and saw that Irene was studying birds instead of keeping watch. He grabbed her from behind and asked if she has seen anything. She gave a small yelp and then felt embarrassment at having been caught shirking her duty.

“I am so sorry,” she began, “the birds were so beautiful that I guess I forgot that we may be in danger. I promise it will never happen again.”

“Not a huge problem, this time,” said Sam trying to let her off the hook somewhat, but, you are right, we could find danger anywhere out here. Let’s get back to camp and start the lobster.”

Back in the Galley, Sam removed three strip steaks from the frozen compartment of the small propane refrigerator and set them to thaw. While Irene started prepping salad fixings and Sam moved the Hibachi up to the deck.

“Be sure and prep enough for three,” Sam told Irene, “I plan to invite the old guy to stay and eat with us.”

“What if he doesn’t come back with our stuff and money,” asked Irene.

“I have a feeling that won’t be the case,” Sam said, “there is something about the old guy that I like, and I think he is genuinely trying to help us. I want to have a serious conversation with him after we eat."
    "Southern Gentlemen are not always Gentlemen by nature. They are 'Exposed' to proper behavior and manners early in life, and are smart enough to remember, and to refine them, through a constant practice".

My good friend, Shelby Foote

Thank you, this always has me looking for moar.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thanks. I smell a twist in the story since he may have found a good ally.

I am truly sorry for the long delay. I am trying to get a small firearms business off the ground and it has kept me pretty busy. I have not forgotten about Sam and Irene and I will be posting another segment either later today or in the morning. I appreciate the patience and ask that you bear with me.

Rick

BTW, If you are in the state of Mississippi and I can help you with a firearm, let me know.
    "Southern Gentlemen are not always Gentlemen by nature. They are 'Exposed' to proper behavior and manners early in life, and are smart enough to remember, and to refine them, through a constant practice".

My good friend, Shelby Foote

Thanks for the post. This is a very good story. We're <im>patiently waiting!