Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story Repent, or Repeat
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    Yes responsibility lol.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Folks,

Sorry about yesterday. Got an emergency call to go pick up grand kiddos, SIL had problems. Will be able to write more this aft. Thanks for sticking by, while life goes up and down.

Yes, LIFE happens while we are making other plans!!
    May God give you strength to take care of your family while you nurture us through your wonderful story.

"Wee bairns," Seamus looked alarmed as could be. "WEE BAIRNS" he coughed out. "I'm sixty years old," he sputtered out like that took care of any problem.

"But I'm not," Phoebe explained and Seamus gave her a look that was indecipherable but coated with alarm. "Oh," he said and had to go sit down to the amusement of the others.

"I'm beggin yer pardons here, I nae considered wee ones, it's much to be thinkin on." Seamus kinda coughed and then caught a look at Phoebe. The lass looked plumb stricken, she did. Seamus got up, hugged Phoebe and tugged on her hand, he needed to go back to the barn.

Bruce got a wicked gleam in his eye. "Are they going to spend their wedding night in the barn?" he asked Clora. She shrugged her shoulders. "They need a pass on any shenanigans, Bruce. Both of them are very fragile."

Mark looked up from the set of small screwdrivers he was replacing in their case and gave the doctor and Ben a level stare. That act, conveyed more information to the would be mischief makers, than Clora's verbal warning.

Ben shrugged like it was no big deal to him, but Bruce definitely looked disappointed. The two men walked down the hall toward their apartments, with Bruce grumbling that Phoebe needed some of her own medicine.

"You sure are a dumb cluck and a slow learner," Ben told Bruce. "You saw the look Dad gave us. That was a red lettered warning to leave them alone."

Robert and Lou were coming from their rooms, ready for sentry duty. The two brothers paired together, as Robert was teaching Lou military tactics, discipline, terms and training. Ben and Bruce passed on the information about Seamus and Phoebe, and that they had gone to the barn,

Thank you...

Thank you Pac.

As long as they all heed Marks words. Thanks Pac. I had to laugh at Seamus' look at the mention of kids.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Been studying on marks issue with hearing. Remember those older hearing aids that the batteries were in a pack kinda like a cigarette pack. Maybe with some small wires a external battery could run them. One that the electric and mechanical engineers and some creative work could keep charged up / make replacements for.

Just botherin' me for Mark to loose his hearing. Funny, but it does.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thank you Pac, this was nice after a long day.

Thank you Pac Praying that all is well with you and yours.

Wayne

Dosadi,

Please do not be troubled by Mark's hearing loss. The problem might have been handled by a bit of heavenly help. Remember when Seamus cupped the hearing aids in his hands? Perhaps that was all that was needed to keep them in continuous working condition, without any failure. Perhaps they might be too powerful, that could be just as much of a problem as the blanket silence.

Perhaps Seamus doesn't quite have the hang of creating 'good', and has been restricted to causing a effect on 'things' rather than people.

You certainly had a 'thinking out of the box' beginning solution for the problem in real life. I imagine it won't be too long before I need hearing aids. Some of the gkids whispers, I am having trouble hearing. And this Grandma want's to HEAR ALL of them.

All the things in our lives that require batteries, will leave us floundering, when they run out.
    Thank you for your ideas.

"Phoebe looove, I had me mind scrambled by the thought of wee bairns," Seamus had a tight hug around Phoebe. This was very dangerous territory, full of opportunities to be misunderstood and deep hurt feelings.

They were cuddled up on a hay bale, leaning back against the planks of a unused stall wall. "Do ya be thinkin it might be a possibility?"

Phoebe nodded yes, "maybe as long as ten years, I'm thirty three right now."

"Oww looove, I was nae thinkin aboot yer age. I was thinkin aboot you. Yer smile, the way you be makin me feel. Phoebe," Seamus got real serious. "You understand lass that the bairns we might have, you might have to raise on yer own. Me be'in me age and all."

"I have experience," Phoebe was equally serious. "A child is like having a part of you with me, all the time." she reached up and smoothed her fingers over Seamus's cheek.

Seamus nodded and turned off the dim flashlight, before it burned out completely.

Thank you Pac

Wayne

Thank you Pac. Dh knew a man who was 65 that worked for the railroad when they had another boy and he was still as fit as a fiddle. They had many children. The oldest woman I have known who gave birth at 53. I met them when the daughter was 18. She said she went to the doc because she thought she had a tumor and the doc told her that her tumor had a heartbeat. lol.

Thank you Pac.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thank you Mrs. PAC

I appreciate ya feeling me worried. Kind of ya to care that way.

As I have gotten older I"ve noticed that telling the kids I don't always hear em can help me work around things. Course the don't know that my hearing seems to improve when things "need" hearing. :-)

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Folks.

I apologize for not having advanced the story. I am taking off tomorrow for a bible/retreat camp during spring break, with 5 grand kids. We have to bring our own food and bedding, and it has been a challenge to plan the meals as a couple of the kids have allergies I have to work around. And of course the only food a couple of them will eat, are the foods the others are allergic too.

I will be back the 22 or the 23rd. Thanks for giving me a pass. Pac.

Thank you Mrs Pac. Have a nice time and enjoy your weekend with the grandchildren.

Good luck with the kids Pac.

Take care Pac.

Sounds like fun Pac. Do try to enjoy yourself.
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

Pac I pray you have a great time and that God blesses the the time you have with your family.

Wayne

Have a nice passover / etc Mrs. PAC

See ya when ya find time

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Waiting, at least I am trying to.

Pac? Did you get home okay? Is the family okay?
    Please, come say Hi! and share your experience/knowledge. I love to learn.

http://survivingtothrivin.blogspot.com/

Good morning folks;

We are safe back at home with a mountain of laundry, happy, refreshed hearts and renewed spirits. I try to attend a retreat at least once a year. Due to obligations, I needed to have 3 of the grandkids with me during the spring break. I grabbed up the other two that were somewhat close by, and off to the retreat we went. The kids were kept busy by the camp staff and old grandma got to sit in solitary in a quiet room with a view of the mountains and pray.

I have been a little anxious about the direction my life might take, wondering what God might have in store for me. And I have to admit my greatest sin....impatience..... It's one of those things, (if God thinks I need 'fixed' in one area or another) I want Him to hurry up and get it done. God laughs at me; and then sends patience producing events to make sure I'm paying attention.

Over and over, and over; I got the sense that 'it's not the right time." So folks, there you have it. It's not the right time for whatever God has in store for me. I bless His name and the lessons He teaches me. His will and grace are so perfect, and mine are so imperfect. Blessed is His bounty.

I did not think about the story while I was away, so I will explore the options and write a chapter this afternoon. Pac.

Welcome back Mrs. PAC. Glad you were able to get spiritually renewed.

Welcome back Pac and hope this break and prayer will sustain you.

What a delightful report on your retreat. So glad you took the time to spend time listening for God. That is when we all do our best if we but listen for God. Refreshed and restored, that is what you sound like. Couldn't ask for more for a dear friend.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
    President Theodore Rooseveldt

Welcome back Mrs. PAC

Glad to know things are well with you

God Bless

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Glad to know that things went well and everything is okay.
    Please, come say Hi! and share your experience/knowledge. I love to learn.

http://survivingtothrivin.blogspot.com/

Glad to hear all went well with you and the grandchildren Pac. I pray Gods Blessing for you and yours.

Wayne

welcome home

The two men walked the dusty animal trac; their bare feet placed carefully as they avoided the stones and rocks. "Gabe, what do you know about these people?"

"Not much," Mike replied. "From the reports and sightings, they have Seamus with them. Any one that can afford to feed that man must have a deep larder."

"As long a he doesn't get out that cat-ter-wallin bagpipe. It's no wonder the Scots are so dour and parsimonious. That kind of noise would make any man act stingy." The two well acquainted men chuckled with easy familiarity, they had worked together for so long, they could almost finish each other's sentences.

The hot, muggy July day, beaded sweat on their brows and parched their throats. "I hope this place has water, I could sure use a drink," Mike remarked as the heat waves shimmered up from the ground. In the far distance, barely visible over the mirage of blue water, the buildings of the Linderman retreat huddled solidly into the ground.

As they approached closer, Mike turned to Gabe and they exchanged sour looks. Faintly carried by the wind, was the out of tune screeching of a unwilling bagpipe. "This must be the place," Gabe stuck his little finger in his ear and shook it, hoping to erase the mashed cat sounds.

"I'd say the odds of there being two surviving bagpipes and players at about twenty billion to one." Mike rubbed his face with his sleeve. The second the bagpipe ceased playing, a shrill whistle was heard.

Approaching the buildings was dangerous; but the two men stayed on the trac and were only challenged when they turned in toward the gate.

The wanderers weren't surprised to be halted, and kept away from the buildings while under guard. An older, white haired man came strolling out with a mean looking rifle held comfortably in his hand.

"Gentlemen, please state your business," Mark requested politely.

"We have a message for Seamus MacCleary," Gabe replied, just as a particularly loud and ferocious groan was sounded from the bagpipe bladder. Seamus was holding 'how to play the bagpipe' lessons for anyone that was interested.

Welcome home!

Chap

Holy Cannolis, Batman! Sounds like two archangels (Gabriel & Michael) have arrived with a surprise for Seamus (James?, Clarence?). I'd guess he's earned his wings, except his bagpipe playing doesn't resemble bells.

Thank you Mrs Pac. Great news having you back.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thank you , oh oh who are these two.