Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Pests/Ctrl Biofungicides
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Biofungicides

Biofungicides

Anybody here using biofungicides like Serenade or Double Nickel 55?

Serenade: Applied as a preventative fungicide, this microbial biofungicide, Bacillus subtilis (QST713 strain) is labeled for control of plant pathogens such as lettuce downy mildew, botrytis brown rot, grape powdery mildew and much more. Can be applied up to and including the day of harvest. Shows excellent efficiency against fungicide-resistance. Non-toxic to beneficial insects. Works on a wide range of diseases on a variety of crops. OMRI-LISTED.

Double Nickel 55: A new broad spectrum preventive biofungicide for control or suppression of fungal and bacterial plant diseases. Double Nickel 55 is a new generation fungicide and bactericide for control of foliar diseases and employs five modes of action all working in synchronicity. Use at low rates and still achieve excellent control with very little to no residue. Double Nickel is OMRI-LISTED.
    Active Ingredient: Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747.

I'm pleased with both. I was more impressed with Double Nickel on winter squash but that may have been due to better timing of application.

I used Serenade on my tomatoes. I can't say if it worked well or not as I had two issues. First, my neighbors black walnut tree is sending roots under my garden so I had walnut wilt and second, it rained consistently for long enough that it just washed the Serenade off. When I first applied it the tomato plants looked great so I will try again with plants in a different location.

Black Walnut is terrible, especially for tomatoes. The outer husks of the nuts are supposed to be the worst.

Does either or both of those work for early tomato blight?
    Last edited by Cyclonemom; 01-04-2018 at 05:05 PM.
    "It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
    - JK Rowling