Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Misc/Chat Are There Any Master Gardeners Here?
+ Reply to Thread

Are There Any Master Gardeners Here?

I was looking into the program here in Ga. and was wondering if it is worth the time and money to do it.

I attended the master gardener program here in southeast Alabama and enjoyed it very much. We had expert speakers from different extension offices, universities and other institutions. The cost included a very thick binder with gardening information specific to our area. It was several years ago when I was new to gardening but it I believe it was well worth the time and money.

I looked into it, but then decided not to do it because it was a way for TPTB to make money on "certification." After talking with the lady in charge, I figured out I knew way more about stuff than she did and it would be a waste of money.

I've been gardening since I was about 7 years old and was taught by my Dad, who believed in nourishing the Earth and using nature to make everything better. Ruth Stout increased my education when I got older and I use the techniques she taught daily.

That being said>>>>>>it is SOOOO HOT this year, I don't know if anything will really do very well, although so far things are going well.
    There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."Theodore Roosevelt-1907.

I've been listening to the Oklahoma gardner on the Radio for years, so I know it all, he answers email... .

Allan Storjohann

I would like to know more about growing in a container the little tiny tomatoes.

Susan