Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story With the Water
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: With the Water

Hybrid View

Thank you

D.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

FMJ,

Grandmother hears the water and the grandson hears the wind....

Great warning abilities....

Thanks for the chapters....

Texican....

Thank you.
    Okay, I started reading tonight and caught up already.
    Pray tell, what is the wind and water telling them? The storm?
    More, please.

Thank You. Great story.

(3)

A flat bottom skiff slid silently up to the little dock and a young man stepped out. Kneeling upon the dock and bowing his head, he called out, “Marraine! Are you here? It is I, Henri Rousseau! Marraine, are you alright?”

“Yes, Henri,” Ma-ma Boudreaux said walking out onto the porch. “I am here and I am well. My son, Thibault and his wife Claire and their son have come to visit. Is your Pa-pa better, Henri? The wound in his leg; it is improving I trust?”

“Oh, yes, Marraine! Less than a day after you treated him with the poultice, the red streaks of infection stopped their spread and the swelling began to go down. He remembers nothing though; he was delirious from the fever.”

“Do you still have enough of the chamomile and honey salve left to dress the wound like I showed you, Henri? Do you need more bandages?”

“No, I still have plenty, Marraine. Thank you for coming to help us. If not for you, I don’t know if he would have survived the night. I believe you saved my father’s life and I don’t know how we will ever repay you, Marraine.”

“You are welcome, Henri. Acadians have always helped one another in times of need. It is our way, never forget that. You will repay me many times over by using the skills you have learned to help someone else in the future, Henri. This is all I ask of you,” Ma-ma Boudreaux said with a smile.

“Oh, Marraine!” Henri exclaimed suddenly remembering. “The reason I have come; Pa-pa told me to go quick and tell you, on the radio they are talking about a tropical storm in the Atlantic. They said the winds were picking up speed very quickly and it might become a hurricane. On the marine short wave, Marraine, they said the storm could be a bad one.”

“Thank you for coming so far to warn us, Henri. They may be right. I have heard the storm in the water, and my grandson has heard voices calling in the wind.”

“In..., in the wind, Marraine? Like..., like Monsieur Boudreaux could? Pa-pa told me that he could..., oh, Marraine! I must get back home and tell Pa-pa that you have heard this storm in the wind and the water. He will want to know this. Good bye and be careful, Marraine, I love you.”

“I love you, too, Henri, my dear godson. May the Lord watch over us all.”

The young man stood, stepped back into the skiff and with a final wave, poled quickly through the calm sun-dappled water back the way he had come.

Thank you, very different than what I have been reading yet not so different. (Bet no one understands that!)
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin