"Ready up," Mark sang out, "let's move."

When they had stopped to iron out the problem of where they were headed, tired people needed the rest. Now they were restless, ready to move. There seemed to be a lightness, a relief that the caravan had been whittled down to the core seven; and the core was happy.

Wagons creaked and horses leaned into the traces as the heavy wagons inched forward.

Clara was following Judy with the heavy freight box, pulling the hospital cart. Sitting up so high, she felt scared to death to handle the six up team. Corbin had assured her, that she would be ok, especially since she was driving his own personal team that was very well trained.

Corbin was the last wagon, with the loaded sewing machine cart on behind. One of the cows and the stud cold trailed behind him.

Clora was the first wagon, smiling giddily and hearing praise music in her heart. The night before, she and Mark had softly discussed the relief and openness they felt about the split.

"I feel guilty, feeling such relief. I understand the goodness of the people traveling with us. We raised them," she said with a chuckle. "There seemed to be such a varied and diverse range of opinions, frankly, far out of the bounds of what we had established for our family."

"I agree," Mark spoke with a warm contentment. "I feel the same relief. We will miss Corbin and Clara and Judy; but I understand the pull of returning to the farm where his roots are. Did I hear you right, Tess is the motivating factor to head toward Iowa?"

"Yes, she is so excited to be regaining some of her 'knowing.'

"Well, if we're going to get there in time to prepare for winter, we have to get a move on and fast. By my reckoning, we have approximately 300 miles to go, to reach the Des Moines area. That's another month of travel in the least. This is the end of May, we could very well be into July before we get there." Mark was pensive with worry.

"Get us up early," Clora teased, "we are rested from our mini vacation."

She said the correct words to Mark; as anxious as he was to be on the move.