Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Prep Genrl Weekly Prep Thread: December 8 ~ 14, 2019
+ Reply to Thread

Weekly Prep Thread: December 8 ~ 14, 2019

Hey All! Looks like the new week snuck up on me again Today is my first shift back on nights - looking forward to it, though I'll have to get used to the different work crews as I usually only spend time with them when we report off. Most of 'em are pretty sharp and are good kids (and when I say kids, I mean not only young enough to be my kid, but in some cases my grandkid!); there are only a couple of hot-dogs in the group, so there shouldn't be too much chaos.

Preps are mostly taking a backseat to the Holidays right now, although I guess that some of the gifts I've purchased are prep in nature. I've also expended some printer ink printing off pics of edible 'weeds' and medicinal plants and putting them in a notebook. I have a couple of good books, but the photos are small; these are 8x10, so easier to compare in the field - and easier on old eyes to look at I'm going to use some of them to show the grandsons how to tell the difference between the different pines and spruce trees we have in the yard the next time they are out.

Older grandson started the next session of Jr Rifle club; when I paid his fee, I donated a scholarship for another child - get 'em interested while they are young and hopefully they will be on track to be 2nd Amendment supporters as they grow up!

Well, I've got about a half hour before I need to see if I can catch a nap before I go in to work; just enough time to get that last load of laundry hung to dry make sure I've got everything I need to stay comfy at work (long johns, check; coffee pods, check; handwarmers, check....)

Take care all; have a blessed week!

I have been working on my defense part of the preps.

Thanks to the feedback from everyone, I got myself a red dot to try out. It fits the AR perfectly and I like the way it works. then I discovered it did not fit my older guns, so I picked up an conversion rail from dove tail to picatinny rail. I can't wait to use it. It will end up on the AR, but for now, I want to try it out on the possum gun to see how well it works for me. Note: the auto shut off is great. No worries about leaving it on. Well worth the few extra dollars.

Also, I picked up a pair of can organizers for the pantry. They should be in this week and they will give me a bit of extra organization.

I'm waiting for the change over to post any things prep related.

Judy

I'm not doing much prep wise, until after New year's. I might pick up a few items here and there, but no major buying.

This time of year gets a bit tight for us financially, and I've got two different doctor's appointments this coming week. I need some testing done, and it ain't cheap! BTDT.
    Sherree