Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Okay Noumenon...lol
+ Reply to Thread

Okay Noumenon...lol

Okay I'll confess, I forgot I started that. Now I stand before you humbled & awed. I do that a lot anyway, but you should still be proud. Now I'm a mediocre hack at best with keyboard or pen. But you, you sir, (or madam), are inspiringly DREADFUL. I mean it truly takes brilliant wit to write something that bad. It's so bad it's brilliant.

Please tell me you frequently enter, (& place) in that wunnderful contest - the name of which escapes me. You know, the one based on that famous first line...

"it was a dark & stormy night".

Sometime in the wee small hours of the morning, after my season opening beloved Formula One Race, after watching yet another fricking ice storm hit us, I shall endeavor to dive to the depths of your pun filled, hacknied prose. And I sincerely meant that as a compliment. It takes real knowledge of the writers' craft, as well as a more than passing aquainatnce with more than one brand of romance novel to write that... that... AWFULLY.

I commend you & please add more. Laughing is good, unless it wakes up DH at oh dark thirty.
    More of my thoughts on flu/health matters and the latest news can be found at [url= http://www.curevents.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21]The Laboratory[/url].

noumenon Guest
    Hi, CS.

Hey, thanks for the compliment(s).

For future reference, it's Mister Noumenon.

I have to confess, without going into any great detail, my background has a fairly substantial literary foundation.

So when I see an invitation to write crappy prose anonymously, as is the case on your bad story thread, well, I just have to do it, no matter what kind of story it is.

You might guess, however, that I tend mostly toward satire.

As for your own writing, don't sell yourself short. I've read your posts on TB for many months, and I can tell you with no reservation, you have it.

Glad to hear my recent scribbling has interested you.

I'll see if I can finish the story over the coming days.

Part Three is posted.

noumenon Guest
    Hi, CS:

I've posted Part Four of The Rotten Story.

However, since I'm blatantly cheating by writing this stuff as well as I can (which undermines the true spirit of your original exercise), I'm going to stop here, at least publicly, anyway.

If you'd like to read the succeeding instalments, edits and revisions, by all means let me know, and I'll PM you the text when it's ready.

noumenon Guest
    I'll just add one more section before I quit.

Part Five posted.

noumenon Guest
    Okay, one more section.

Then I'll quit.

Part Six posted.

noumenon Guest
    Disclaimer
    ------------

Certain readers may find some or all of The Rotten Story offensive, alarming, objectionable, indecent, exploitive, impious, irreverent, blasphemous, satanic, suggestive, violent, or just plain stupid.

No warranty, express or implied, is made regarding the suitability of The Rotten Story for viewing by infants, children, adolescents, adults, the elderly, or household pets.

No responsibility is assumed for the results of any action taken by any reader who views The Rotten Story, including but not limited to moving and/or clicking a mouse, trackball, or other pointing device, keystrokes, eye motions, and verbal commands.

Except as otherwise indicated, comments regarding any individual or group of individuals in The Rotten Story are not to be construed as categorical with respect to the members of any sex, race, nationality, tribe, ethnic group, family, religion, vocal range, or occupation, nor to those of any system of beliefs, disability, or sexual orientation, if any.

Any resemblance of persons, places or things depicted or described within The Rotten Story to any real persons, places, or things, living or dead, existent or non-existent, except as intended for obviously scholarly, educational, literary, rhetorical, or artistic purposes, is purely coincidental.